Recent Topics

1 Sep 02, 2008 08:36    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

I've been working on a number of items this evening in the backoffice, and I was just logged out and cannot log back in. I am repeatedly redirected to the login page with the message about needing cookies enabled.

I've read several posts on this issue, and know the following:

$base_url has not changed
Cookies are enabled (on Opera, FireFox, and IE, from multiple computers)
I have changed the admin password via phpMyAdmin and know that it is correct (no caps or spelling mistakes)
I have changed the instance.name on my cookies in _advanced.php, and it appears that the cookie is not being saved, even though new cookies from other sites are being saved by the same instance of the browser (in this case FireFox)
blog viewing still works fine

Any other clues as to what may be causing this, and would a backup my dB, reinstall b2e, and restore dB process fix it?

Thanks!

2 Sep 02, 2008 10:53

Try both the www and non-www version of your domain ;)

3 Sep 02, 2008 15:09

¥åßßå:

Thanks for the suggestion. There is no www/non-www version of the domain. I use blogs.mydomain.com, and before anyone asks, it's behind a firewall that I can't let you get to.

I'm not immediately seeing what this would do. It may be the right path to chase, so would you mind explaining why you suggested this.

4 Sep 02, 2008 16:11

Ok, quite often the problem is that the cookies are set for the www version off the domain name and the baseurl is set for the non-www version ( or vice versa ). FF seems to barf at cookies that are misrepresented in that way.

But, if your on a blog.domain.com then that *shouldn't be a problem.

It might be worth meandering through /conf/_advanced.php and seeing what you get for $cookie_domain though ( just var_dump() it and sod the header errors :D )

¥

5 Sep 02, 2008 18:02

Ahh, I see. That's definitely not the problem.

I know I'm a bad admin for going the easy route and not doing the root cause analysis, but I simply don't have the time to keep trying to figure this out. I just reinstalled 2.4.2, and the problem has gone away.

This is exceedingly strange.

6 Sep 02, 2008 19:05

Baaaaad admin ...... sheeesh a proper admin would *never* just press reset :| ... at the very least they'd cover it with something like "it was a necessary reboot so our firewall could install it's latest rules which will keep maaaaaaaaaaaany more nasty guys off our servers sir" ;)

¥

7 Sep 04, 2008 20:57

Chashock,

Try deleting the blog cookie from your browser. I had the same issue, and deleting the cookie solved the problem for me.

Good luck,

RocketDude

Form is loading...