Recent Topics

1 Sep 04, 2008 21:04    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I've searched, searched and searched again using as many terms as i can come up with but found nothing.
I thougth I saw an option in the previous version taht allowed you to turn on multipele colums in a skin. am I remembering from somewhere else?

I had side bars in my previous version and after updating i can not get the calendar, links, and other items showing in my side bar. it dosnt matter what skin i use.

have a look at www.groan.ca/beemsite.

any suggestions or is it really somethign that i have to edit in the code to show?

2 Sep 04, 2008 21:07

Afwas wrote:

Hi groan

Your current skin /custom/ is broken also since it doesn't display any container.
Please try uploading all files from a fresh copy of B2evolution to your server. Mind the files in the /config/ folder since they are changed (your database connection data is in /conf/_basic_config.php). Keep the version on the server for that file.

Good luck

3 Sep 04, 2008 21:10

I saw that in my last post, but didnt think it applied since i got the skin working. I just uploaded all the files this morning...well the ones in the Blog folder. should I do the others as well?
I am not using Custom skin any more. does that make a difference?

Thanks for your help.

4 Sep 04, 2008 21:24

Hi groan,

The evopress skin I saw on your site had the same display problems.
I think your install misses a few files, so try to upload all the files from a fresh copy (files in /blogs/ only) to be sure.

Good luck

5 Sep 05, 2008 01:39

ok, i re-uploaded again and i still don't see the information as it is shown in the skinshot. Where is this stuff configured? I'm a little confused because i don't usually have this much trouble with an upgrade.
it seems that no matter skin i use it does not show.

6 Sep 05, 2008 01:52

Hi groan,

Can you check Dashboard -> Blog settings -> BLOG 5 (I don't know the name) -> Widgets.
I don't see any error in the source, meaning that I expect the widget settings to be empty.
If so the probable cause is that the upgrader will fill blogs 1 and 2 with default widgets but not blog 5.

Good luck

7 Sep 05, 2008 02:01

Cool

That's going in the right direction. If it works this link will port you directly to the Admin setting of the demo blog where you can find a basic install with default widget settings: http://demo1.b2evolution.net/stable/admin.php?ctrl=widgets&blog=1
If this link doesn't work try the same through the 'Demo' tab in the header of the site.

Well done and good luck

8 Sep 05, 2008 03:25

Thanks again for all your help.

Form is loading...