Recent Topics

1 Sep 04, 2008 22:02    

I have noticed something odd in my stats over the last month or so. The Access Summary page says all of my traffic has become referred traffic.

B2Evolution says all the traffic is coming through https://65.98.41.98:2087/scripts2/tweakmoduserdir but I do not see that in my access logs anywhere. That IP address corresponds with a one of the servers my host uses.

More History
On 8/6 all my traffic went from direct access to referred traffic through server4.rightdns.com:2086/scripts/svrmgr. I asked my host about it on 8/10 and they did not see that in the access logs. On 8/11 the traffic went back to direct access and I assumed they found and corrected the issue. On 8/18 it became referred traffic again. This time it lists https://65.98.41.98:2087/scripts2/tweakmoduserdir, as the referrer which is the same server but a different port.

What I am trying to find out is where B2Evolution is finding this referral information because I am not seeing that IP or domain name in my raw access logs. I see this on two blog that are on the same host. One is running 1.8.2 and the other is running 2.4.2

2 Sep 04, 2008 22:14

/inc/sessions/model/_hit.class.php

$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']

Looks like this php superglobal does the job.

Good luck

3 Sep 04, 2008 23:46

I see the function you are referencing. My next question is how is that pulling different information then the hits in my access log?

4 Sep 04, 2008 23:58

Hi halashton,

I think your host knows the answer to that. This looks to me a load balancing measure, moving your blog to another CPU if needed. I think they tweaked their logs so this information doesn't show there.
I just shouldn't worry about it ;)

Good luck

5 Sep 05, 2008 00:03

That is what I was expecting you to say. I when I asked the last time, the problem was corrected shortly thereafter, but their answer to me was that they did not know and could not see what I was referring to in the logs.

6 Sep 05, 2008 00:55

Your blog is being redirected by the server. Apparently the server logs are generated after that or before that or they took some measures to not log this redirect. The logs are not created by PHP but by some Linux command so it may completely be unaware of this referrer.

Form is loading...