Recent Topics

1 Sep 04, 2008 23:46    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2
This might seem odd...

I'm building a replication of a 19th century newspaper for a on-line role play community, is there anyway to make the dd/mm/yy which now if I did 01/06/65 would come out Jan 6th 1965 come out to be 1865?

3 Sep 08, 2008 03:30

Hi wyattearp,

I'm half way solving your problem.
You should, in your blog, work with dates ranging from 2000 to 2099. Then we'll make it appear on the user side it's ranging from 1800 to 1899.

In the skin you are going to use, you're going to find the output code for the date. That's either:

<?php
			// ------------------------------ DATE SEPARATOR ------------------------------
			$MainList->date_if_changed( array(
					'before'      => '<h2>',
					'after'       => '</h2>',
					'date_format' => '#',
				) );
		?>

Change it to:

<?php
			// ------------------------------ DATE SEPARATOR ------------------------------
			$MainList->date_if_changed( array(
					'before'      => '<h2>',
					'after'       => '</h2>',
					'date_format' => 'm / d / 18y',
				) );
		?>

or it looks like

echo ' Published on ';
			$Item->issue_time(array('time_format' => 'F jS, Y',) );

and change this to:

echo ' Published on ';
			$Item->issue_date(array('date_format' => 'm / d / 18y',) );

If it looks a little different, change accordingly.

Now there's another issue: posts in the future are not shown in you blog. So if you post as date in 2075 you'll have to wait 67 years before it is shown. I haven't tackled this problem yet, but I'll have a look at it.

Good luck

4 Sep 08, 2008 09:31

¥åßßå filled the gaps. I saw the setting but didn't know where to apply:
¥åßßå wrote:

<yabs> if he's just using the 18## on a single blog then just set $timestampmax in the stub to a stupid future date
<foppe_> ah stub, didn't think of that. Found the timestampmax but nowhere to set / adjust settings
<yabs> ;)
<yabs> if it's his only blog then it can be set in index.php
* foppe_ heads for copy+paste again
<yabs> :p

If you describe the skin you are using (skin name and/or original skin where that skin is derived from) I will give you the code to add.

Good luck

5 Sep 09, 2008 19:37

I'm using vastitude currently.

This is for one of the blogs I'm using, currently I need this on just one of the two.

I applied the changes posted to Vastitude and it only gives a blank white page now.

Form is loading...