Recent Topics

1 Sep 17, 2008 16:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I'm not going to lie, I really hate online blogs...most of them, I really wish you guys who make these things would use plain ol' HTML formatting, and half of those buttons I dont even know what they do, I also get stupid errors sometimes using regular html. That aside, how do I insert line breaks in between paragraphs or if I make a list. I just put this code in my blog, I put 4 breaks and it did nothing.

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

By the way, I'm not a blog software owner or or own a site that uses B2, sometimes I'm asked that when I ask questions, I'm just a regular joe with a online blog and I need help sometimes because of the wierd formatting.

2 Sep 17, 2008 16:58

What a pissy little attitude we have!

So if you hate online blogs and can't figure out what an error means when you use html in a tool designed to remove the need for html formatting by the user and don't identify the application you're using other than to specifically point out it is not the application this forum is focused on WHY would you expect an answer here to somehow enlighten you???

3 Sep 17, 2008 17:11

<p>Hello world which include</p>
<ol>
<li>You</li>
<li>Me</li>
<li>them</li>>
<li>and IMVU users ;)</li>
</ol>
<p>:D</p>

¥

4 Sep 18, 2008 13:22

EdB wrote:

What a pissy little attitude we have!

So if you hate online blogs and can't figure out what an error means when you use html in a tool designed to remove the need for html formatting by the user and don't identify the application you're using other than to specifically point out it is not the application this forum is focused on WHY would you expect an answer here to somehow enlighten you???

Not pissy, just extremely frusterated. I'm just saying...I wish HTML was enabled sir...there are those of us out there who use plain simple HTML, and have no need for the formatting that comes with the blog software. Its actually easyer and faster for me to say for example insert an image tag as of many tags I have memorized and place them without hardly removing my hands from the keyboard then click those little image buttons in the blog and screw around with those little dialogue boxes.

I just copyed and pasted that code the other person posted and got this

Invalid post, please correct these errors:

* Tag ol may not contain raw character data

<p>Hello world which include</p>
<ol>
<li>You</li>
<li>Me</li>
<li>them</li>>
<li>and IMVU users ;)</li>
</ol>
<p>:D</p>

Also, I dont want to make a list, which I believe those are tags for, but rather I want to insert line breaks within a list, sorry, perhaps I should have been more specific.

5 Sep 18, 2008 13:50

Well, with b2 you can just hit "enter" 4 times.

6 Sep 18, 2008 14:50

Jeffrey1970 wrote:

... By the way, I'm not a blog software owner or or own a site that uses B2, ...

So what do you expect from a forum that exists to support b2evolution if you don't use b2evolution? Write validatable posts or disable validation checking. Or use notepad and tell the people who are asking you questions to ask someone else.

BTW I'm pretty sure it's okay to say you own a blog app if it is open source and you install it. There is no fee is the thing. Not like you're saying "I wrote the underlying code" eh? Else what should I say about my b2evolution and wordpress and joomla installations? ... ... hmmm... maybe I don't actually ... well maybe I do own them. Damn I honestly don't know how one would properly define open source software they've installed on their server. I can say this though: My exact version of everything I've installed is mine because I altered the code such that no one else on the planet can claim to have the exact same thing. Is that ownership?

7 Sep 18, 2008 18:03

Jeffrey1970 wrote:

Sorry, it was freetyped and an extra > snuck in ;)

craply typed code wrote:

<li>them</li>>

EdB,
They have an IMVU blog .... urm, imvu.com or summat ... it's powered by b2evo but it's a smidge more like a code_is_poetry.org userbase

...... back on topic ... ish

instead of <br /><br /><br /> use <p>&nbsp;</p>

¥

8 Sep 18, 2008 21:37

Yeah I saw the reference to IMVU.poo but ... ah whatever. Waste of time and space without a version number and complete info and (ideally) a referencing link.

9 Sep 19, 2008 09:19

EdB wrote:

Yeah I saw the reference to IMVU.poo but ... ah whatever. Waste of time and space without a version number and complete info and (ideally) a referencing link.

]

Then what do you suggest...should I go bug the folks at blogspot whom use other software...give me a break. I'm just wanting help, if your not interested in helping then why even post? Be part of the solution like the other poster (thank you by the way) and not part of the problem. Good day sir!

10 Sep 19, 2008 09:21

¥åßßå wrote:

Jeffrey1970 wrote:

Sorry, it was freetyped and an extra > snuck in ;)

craply typed code wrote:

<li>them</li>>

EdB,
They have an IMVU blog .... urm, imvu.com or summat ... it's powered by b2evo but it's a smidge more like a code_is_poetry.org userbase

...... back on topic ... ish

instead of <br /><br /><br /> use <p>&nbsp;</p>

¥

Thank you...much appreciated ma'am! :)

11 Sep 19, 2008 09:25

Nope..."<p>&nbsp;</p> "didnt work.

Cannot update, please correct these errors:

* Tag p is not allowed within tag p

12 Sep 19, 2008 09:29

Jeffrey1970 wrote:

[Be part of the solution

EdB didn't get to 5000+ posts, 75 votes, several huge rep stars and a moderator by not being part of the solution .... mind you, that doesn't mean he doesn't have his grumpy days, and your opening post was a tad lacking in the "could you please help me" department ;)

Glad it worked for you, not sure if I wanna go through with the sex change though 8|

¥

*edit*
You only get that error if you have an unclosed <p> tag and open another ;)

13 Sep 20, 2008 09:03

¥åßßå wrote:

Jeffrey1970 wrote:

[Be part of the solution

EdB didn't get to 5000+ posts, 75 votes, several huge rep stars and a moderator by not being part of the solution .... mind you, that doesn't mean he doesn't have his grumpy days, and your opening post was a tad lacking in the "could you please help me" department ;)

Glad it worked for you, not sure if I wanna go through with the sex change though 8|

¥

*edit*
You only get that error if you have an unclosed <p> tag and open another ;)

Ok, fair enough about the solution comment...moving on...I copyed and pasted the code right from this thread as it was written and got the error anyway. I sometimes get5 similar errors even when I click the little blog buttons.

14 Sep 22, 2008 12:59

Ok I got the tag to work, but the tag still isnt doing what its supposed to, there are no breaks or empty space there where I want there to be, its just a endless list, here is a screenshot in fact.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3010/breakscreeniezh3.jpg

And since I have no further replys to my question I guess I'm just going to have to move on and accept the fact I'm using severly limited junky software and make due with the inadequate tools at hand.

15 Sep 22, 2008 13:44

You really know how to encourage replies huh?

I have zero problems posting with line breaks in my posts ... in fact, most of us manage somehow.

Kinda makes you wonder which end of the connection the problem lies huh?

¥

16 Sep 26, 2008 08:32

Bob Dylan once said...it aint me babe...

<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
<br/>

<p align="justify"> JUNK HERE </p>

19 Sep 28, 2008 20:49

Makes you wonder why I had no problems before and after adding the tags though huh?

¥

20 Sep 29, 2008 03:13

Interesting, ¥åßßå, /me sees Debian in your tabbrowser.

21 Sep 29, 2008 16:54

¥åßßå wrote:

Makes you wonder why I had no problems before and after adding the tags though huh?

¥

Dont ask me, I'm not a software engineer...be alot easyer if as I stated at the beginning these engineers would think these problems through a little more and at least write the software so that users have the option to use standard formatting (whatever is default for the software) and the option to use standard HTML tags for people like myself who find it easyer, and quicker to format that way. Like I said though, I guess I will just have to accept the fact I'm dealing with severly limited functionality of the software and do the best I can. Thanks for your help ma'am and being such a swell dame, my hats off to you. (tips derby hat)

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/80/71/6h/www.ftd.com/pics/products/0RRB_c.jpg

23 Oct 03, 2008 05:15

For the record, he's right. The line break portion of the code doesn't appear to be working correctly. I've typed up a document in notepad, and formatted it with a number and a line, followed by a newline with the rest of the paragraph, ie:

1) Description
Lorem ipsum, etc.... Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....

I'll have done that down through 7 bullet points and find that bullets 1, 3, and 5 come out like:

1) Description Lorem ipsum, etc.... Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....

With none of the line breaks inserted. When I manually put one in, it renders two! Is there some sort of general errata I'm unaware of? This is absolutely driving me insane.

24 Oct 07, 2008 01:39

qstyk wrote:

For the record, he's right. The line break portion of the code doesn't appear to be working correctly. I've typed up a document in notepad, and formatted it with a number and a line, followed by a newline with the rest of the paragraph, ie:

1) Description
Lorem ipsum, etc.... Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....

I'll have done that down through 7 bullet points and find that bullets 1, 3, and 5 come out like:

1) Description Lorem ipsum, etc.... Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....Lorem ipsum, etc....

With none of the line breaks inserted. When I manually put one in, it renders two! Is there some sort of general errata I'm unaware of? This is absolutely driving me insane.

I kind of have the same problem. I click on the ordered list button and to my knowledge is supposed to number whatever you write but it doesn't. I have to use bullets but it is hell to get them all in there. :roll: :-/

25 Oct 07, 2008 17:32

MoonGlow, in HTML an ordered list looks like this:

<ol>
  <li>Foo</li>
  <li>Bar</li>
  <li>Blah</li>
  <li>etc</li>
</ol>

ol means "ordered list" and "li" means "list item". So you'll have to click on the li button after clicking on the ol button, write your text, click the li button again, click the li button, write your text, click the li button again... If you're finished, click the ol button to end the list.

qstyk, make sure you've enabled the "Auto P" text renderer on the write screen:
[url=http://image.gd/image,show,1,01661c3d83dcd779eaff7c59b40620af14157c6c,3]http://s1.image.gd/o/01/01661c3d83dcd779eaff7c59b40620af14157c6c.png[/url]
With this text renderer, this post content:
[url=http://image.gd/image,show,1,68a286cfe5f9605e699f41afd71428b1e41a2416,3]http://s1.image.gd/t/68/68a286cfe5f9605e699f41afd71428b1e41a2416.png[/url]
looks like this:
[url=http://image.gd/image,show,1,d40757831aaa9181895b07bd264509a130f5b3c8,3]http://s1.image.gd/t/d4/d40757831aaa9181895b07bd264509a130f5b3c8.png[/url]
Without the renderer, it looks garbled...
[url=http://image.gd/image,show,1,205cdffb37a421b350e8cc43960b8fc3c9f4dd61,3]http://s1.image.gd/t/20/205cdffb37a421b350e8cc43960b8fc3c9f4dd61.png[/url]

Form is loading...