Recent Topics

1 Sep 20, 2008 23:19    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi

I just installed b2evo 2.4.5, and switched to the photoblog, just to find an error regarding read/write permissions for the .evocache dir, so the pics aren't showing up...

I can't in anyway change permission on .evocache, it's like the dir don't exist, is there some trick to this ?

My site is at www.fredidalen.dk

2 Sep 21, 2008 00:26

Hi Boblebad. Welcome to the forums. Chances are if you go to your Files tab you will see errors about it not being able to do stuff. Or is that where you were when you saw the error already?

Anyway there is one of two things at work here. Either b2evolution does not have permission to create folders, or, you don't have enough memory for it to do what it needs to do. The second would be if you are uploading a really big image file.

For the first you gotta CHMOD the /media/ and /media/blogs/ and /media/users/ folders. For the second you will need to edit your conf/_advanced.php file. Look for in that file something like this, and make it be this:

// Try uncommmenting the following line:
ini_set( 'memory_limit', '64M' );

3 Sep 21, 2008 09:34

Hi EdB

And thanks :)

It's just a clean install, nothing messed up, yet, lol

The dir's are all 777, but the .evocache dir, it's like it does not exist, and that's where the problem is, b2evo tells me that the permission for that dir isen't correct, but i can't change them...

But will try the things you suggested :)

4 Sep 21, 2008 09:41

Boblebad wrote:

Hi EdB

And thanks :)

It's just a clean install, nothing messed up, yet, lol

The dir's are all 777, but the .evocache dir, it's like it does not exist, and that's where the problem is, b2evo tells me that the permission for that dir isen't correct, but i can't change them...

But will try the things you suggested :)

Well, just tryed the memory thing, but does not help, b2evo still tells me that the read/write permissons for the .evocache dir is not as they should be...

5 Sep 21, 2008 09:51

Hi again

I tryed renaming the dir, and thought i then could change the permissions, but i can't - it's a wierd thing - so i tryed deleting it, that went okay - and then creating another dir, 777 mod this, and renaming that dir to .evocache - and that worked fine, so now i don't get the error anymore :D

But now i have another problem, i can't se the pics, just get a little icon with a ? in it :(

6 Sep 21, 2008 10:04

If you call the image directly you get the following error

http://fredidalen.dk/htsrv/getfile.php/monument-valley.jpg?root=collection_4&path=monument-valley/monument-valley.jpg&size=fit-720x500 wrote:

Warning: chmod(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 1493/1493 is not allowed to access /path/media/blogs/photos/monument-valley/.evocache/monument-valley.jpg/fit-720x500.jpg owned by uid/gid 99/99 in /path/inc/files/model/_image.funcs.php on line 156

Pretty sure that only your host can change the safe mode stuff ;)

¥

7 Sep 21, 2008 10:30

Hi ¥åßßå

Thanks for the reply :)

I have full control over the safe mode settings, so that's no problem ;)

But why is safe mode af problem with the photoblog, and not with the rest of b2evo ?

And would your advcse be to use the .htaccess file instead ?

8 Sep 21, 2008 10:32

Have you tried adding images to any of the other blogs? ;)

¥

9 Sep 21, 2008 12:01

¥åßßå wrote:

Have you tried adding images to any of the other blogs? ;)

¥

Now i have, and it seems that it's only the sample photoblog that has the problem...

I have another site i tested it on www.mcklint.dk, where safe mode is off, but on www.fredidalen.dk, i can't upload cause safe mode is turned on...

Gotta do some test with .htaccess files ;)

10 Sep 21, 2008 17:19

When you added an image to another blog did you do it by putting the IMG tag into a blog post, or did you do it with the "Make Post with Images" button? The thing I am trying to learn with this is if the problem really is unique to photoblog OR if the problem is associated with the thing photoblog does to resize an image to suit your skin. Only by "Make Post with Images" (or something like that) would a 'regular' blog use that feature.

11 Sep 21, 2008 17:51

It scares me when you make sense :|

¥

12 Sep 23, 2008 09:00

EdB wrote:

When you added an image to another blog did you do it by putting the IMG tag into a blog post, or did you do it with the "Make Post with Images" button? The thing I am trying to learn with this is if the problem really is unique to photoblog OR if the problem is associated with the thing photoblog does to resize an image to suit your skin. Only by "Make Post with Images" (or something like that) would a 'regular' blog use that feature.

I used the insert image in post, from the files upload window ...

But what is funny, see this http://fredidalen.dk/blog5.php, the top post, i used the "image" button where you write the post - the lower one, i used the "insert image" from "files upload" window - and look how different the pics are positioned :?:

And i'm not sure what you mean by "Make Post with Images" button, where is that button placed ?

13 Sep 23, 2008 11:40

I don't know if it's the same problem, but I do have problems with file upload as well:

If I log in as admin everything works fine, so I don't think it's a PHP or directory permission problem.

If I log in as a different user I don't get the "Browse" and "Quick upload" fields in the file manager. When I click on "Upload" I get an "Unexpected errror".

The user has level 10, in the "Blog settings" all permissions are checked, as well the the owner's group's permissions.

14 Oct 19, 2008 12:31

I have the same problems (safe_mode=ON, all media-directories 777) and wonder where to create this .evocache folder?

On the other hand, when I upload an image to the linkblog, I also get this evocache-error message. But when I enter the code for the imge, everything is fine and the images is displayed on the blog.

Edit: The error message is related to the thumbnail-creation. If you turn it off, the error message disappears

Edit 2: No, it only works if I can use the "Insert IMG/link into post" button - which is not available in the photoblog

15 Nov 05, 2008 11:36

Version:2.4.5

The problem is because of the following reason:
as we hit the photoblog via the browser a new .evocache folder is created in media/blogs/photos/monument-valley/ and at the same time it tries to create the thumbnail of the images but it is not able to do so. This is beacuse the newly created .evocache folder does not have 777 permissions. The new folder is created with the default permissions(using value of umask).

To solve this first change the permissions of .evocache to 777 and then hit the browser again.....WAIT... 8| ....ur not done yet......now another error appears complaing about the thumbnail not being found.Now what b2evolution does is, that it creates another folder inside .evocache and tries to copy the thumbnail into it. It fails because of the same reason as specified above(permissions not 777). Now once again chmod 777 the new folder and hit the browser once again.......Hopefully you will be able to see the image now......WAIT... 8| 8| ......now you will have to repeat the process for all the images......i believe you are done now. :)

I would not call it a bug, but it is bad design.......it can be done this way(just a suggestion, because i am not aware of the exact details): there should have been a single cache folder(pre-formed) whose permissions should be set to 777 by the user initially. All the thumbnails should have been directly written to it(not a problem since it has write permission) and read from it. No need to create a directory inside it and then copy the thumbnails.

somebody please do report it to development guys who can take care of it.

Thanks,
Amit

Form is loading...