Recent Topics

1 Sep 21, 2008 10:16    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.1

Hi folks...I hope someone out there can guid me,

I'm moving server:

I have backed up the old mysql database (using a simple back-up and restore PHP

Transfered the b2evo files to the new server.

re-created the mysql db on the new server and successfully restored the DB.

updated the basic_config files to reflect the changes including the base URL.

Now...when it came to installing I chose NEW installation. It reported that the installation was successfull but it also says that the new database would be wiped clean in the "docs" section.

My problem is that I'm getting this error message when trying to log in:

"Either you have not enabled cookies or this login window has expired."

This is trying to use both new generated pw or my old one.

So even when trying to generate a new password I can't hold onto the session long enough for it to accept.

I'm certain my browser is set to accept cookie sessions as I have no problems with other forums that require cookie reading.

Any guidance appreciated...

2 Sep 21, 2008 10:35

I found this on the basic_config php file:

* If you want to be able to reset your existing b2evolution tables and start anew
* you must set $allow_evodb_reset to 1.
* NEVER LEAVE THIS SETTING ON ANYTHING ELSE THAN 0 (ZERO) ON A PRODUCTION SERVER.
* IF THIS IS ON (1) AND YOU FORGET TO DELETE THE INSTALL FOLDER, ANYONE WOULD BE ABLE TO
* ERASE YOUR B2EVOLUTION TABLES AND DATA BY A SINGLE CLICK!
*/
$allow_evodb_reset = 0; // Set to 1 to enable. Do not leave this on 1 on production servers

Do I need to change that setting for the install to not change the updated mysql db?

3 Sep 21, 2008 10:40

Assuming you still have your database backup, drop all the tables in your new database, restore your backup and then hit your blogs home page.

¥

4 Sep 25, 2008 16:36

I have now restored the databse but I am geting this prblem:

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!

Table 'xxxxxxxx.evo_basedomains' doesn't exist(Errno=1146)

Your query:

SELECT dom_ID

FROM evo_basedomains

WHERE dom_name = 'exetel.com.au'

Any suggestions on what I do now would be appreciated. It seems to me I have to either add the database table or something wrong with a config file?

5 Sep 25, 2008 19:36

Ok, the bit I'm *tripping* over is this :

Now...when it came to installing I chose NEW installation. It reported that the installation was successfull but it also says that the new database would be wiped clean in the "docs" section.

why did you feel you needed to install?

¥

6 Sep 26, 2008 02:39

What has happened is this...

The blog is set up on my ISP's free webspace.

They wanted to move to a new server which required me to re apply for free webspace again (thereby creating a new mysql db). The webspce in the interim was moved to a temporary URL then at a given date would move to the same old URL.

So I had to install to the new URL, which got moved back to the old URL (requiring changing basic config php files at each step along the way).

The upshot now is the most recent brick wall has been resolved witht the help of the sysadmin at the ISP and everything is now back to normal.

7 Sep 26, 2008 03:11

The sysadmin told me that what he did was back-up my old db to the new one...it seems I have done something wrong in the restore of the mysqldb

Form is loading...