Recent Topics

1 Sep 26, 2008 10:50    

I don't mind getting content mixed up since I have created separate blogs for English and Spanish. Every user will go to their respective native blog (I hope...)
However, the registration form comes in the global default Locale, and this IS a serious problem.
Although I believe there are more bilingual Spanish speakers than bilingual English speakers, the form might be (more than) a little confusing for either.
Can we PLEASE get some entries in the message.po file to solve this problem, depending on the locale of the respective blog rather that the global locale????

THX beforehand.
Gerard Prins

2 Sep 26, 2008 11:36

Wow I'm surprised the registration text is not translatable :(

Hopefully someone with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men sees this and does something about it.

Oh wait. I think (which is always a mistake) that b2evolution makes no effort to figure out the locale. Rather, the blog has a default setting which is what the first time visitor will see the blog in. In fact I think they will always see it in the default locale localization settings. A blogger can select a unique locale for everything they post, and can set the locale on a per-post basis, but in all cases it does not try to think about "where is this blogger". What this means is that if your installation defaults to one of the English locales then that is what your form will default to.

PS: Just took a quick look at the registration form and yeah it is translatable. That means that if you have a locale that is not English AND you have a language package for your language then b2evolution will present the registration text in your preferred language.

I know it doesn't help, but hopefully it explains why your Spanish-preferred visitors are seeing stuff in English.

3 Oct 01, 2008 10:32

>> That means that if you have a locale that is not English AND you have a language package for your language then b2evolution will present the registration text in your preferred language. <<

Exactly my point. If I switch preferred locale to EN my visitors ALL get EN, if I go to ES they all get ES. Would be nice to have a language selection button there.

For the time being I will have to guess which natives will be visiting more (Sigh)

Thx again,
G.

Form is loading...