Recent Topics

1 Oct 07, 2008 20:04    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello.
I am having trouble getting the Title of a post to link to an outside website.
In previous versions I just had to fill in the "Link to URL" box under the expert tab and the title text was linked automagically.

With 2.4.5 I am seeing a title that links its corresponding single post page and under that is a Link: line w/ the external URL.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

Thanks much.

JohnnyEng

2 Oct 07, 2008 20:10

i may have understood this one completely wrong, but you want your very own post's title in your own blog to link another website ?

3 Oct 07, 2008 21:37

Yes, exactly.
What were doing is linking to news articles.

Optimally like this:

Title (containing outside link)
article snippet...
Posted in: | date | permalink | etc.

Thanks for the reply.

4 Oct 07, 2008 22:22

johnnyeng wrote:

Yes, exactly.
What were doing is linking to news articles.

Optimally like this:

Title (containing outside link)
article snippet...
Posted in: | date | permalink | etc.

Thanks for the reply.

within my knowledge it's not very easy to assign a different external link to each post title, however if it's only one stable external link which will all the post titles will direct to (where i dont think it is), that's pretty easy..

for the format , title, snippet, post details, you can do it already using !read more, and !teaser, or you can use post list widget and use <post excerpt>

apart from all, you can get the title to be displayed manually (without a link) that makes it easy to redirect all post titles to a single external link, however as i ve said above i dont have an idea for assigning each post title to different external links, at least for now

5 Oct 08, 2008 07:37

change:

<h2 class="bTitle"><?php $Item->title(); ?></h2>

to:

<h2 class="bTitle"><?php $Item->title(array(
				'before'      => '',
				'after'       => '',
				'format'      => 'htmlbody',
				'link_type'   => 'linkto_url',
				)); ?></h2>

this will link your post title to the url in the linkto url (like it was in the old versions). if there is no url in that field, you will not get the permalink as the title, but easy fix... go to the post's permalink, and edit the post, and then put that permalink in the link to url... if you are almost always linking to the external article, it shouldn't be a big hassle.

6 Oct 08, 2008 16:56

Saweet! That worked beautifully!
I really appreciate your help...both of you.

JohnnyEng

Form is loading...