Recent Topics

1 Oct 09, 2008 06:51    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I just upgraded to version 2.4.5 and for some reason the comments aren't sent to our email anymore. In the past every time someone commented on our blogs we would receive and email. Does anyone know what needs to be done so we can be notified of new comments.
http://chrisfutcher.com/b2evoblog/

2 Oct 09, 2008 08:36

Did you change your _basic_config.php file at all?

In Admin under Global Settings -> Features what is/isn't ticked in the section Outbound pings & email notifications?

In Admin under Blog Settings -> Your Blog is there a tick for
Email subscriptions.?

3 Oct 09, 2008 19:08

yes I did change my _basic_config.php file. I changed the admin email, db config, and baseurl.

In Admin under Global Settings Immediate is ticked in the section Outbound pings & email notifications.

In Admin under Blog Settings thereis a tick for Email subscriptions.

Thanks for the advice but it still isn't working.

After browsing some of the other forums I thought maybe it was a gmail thing but I have received comments to gmail before.

Any more suggestions?

4 Oct 09, 2008 20:32

What version did you upgrade from?
The reason I ask is that if it's a recent version _basic_config.php doesn't need editing at all.
Maybe double check your changes to that file.

5 Oct 09, 2008 21:02

I'm not exactly sure. It wasn't too recent, after 1.6. What kind of editing is there?

6 Oct 09, 2008 21:13

Well, if it's from an older version 1.# the files did change so I would still check your edits for accuracy.
Other than that I would also check that you did replace ALL folders/files before running the upgrade.
Also, realise that the skins have changed with main.php changing to index.main.php
If you have converted an old skin that file may be missing something.

7 Oct 10, 2008 16:48

I found out that the comments were being intercepted by my server and sent to my defalt email with the following message:

A message that you sent was rejected by the local scanning code that
checks incoming messages on this system. The following error was given:

"Relaying not permitted"

So I asked my server why and they said:

We have disabled sending any emails with the field 'FROM; containing email address on the domain that does not exist on the server. We have taken these measures due to mass SPAM sending through forums, guestbooks, contact forms scripts on our servers.

Mail relaying is also prohibited.

You need to change your script's settings. In order for your scripts to work as intended, you need to set the 'FROM' field to an email address that you have created under your account.

So I guess what I need to do is find out how to chang my script's settings so they set the 'FROM' field to xxxxx@chrisfutcher.com.

Do you know how I can do that?

8 Oct 10, 2008 17:30

Change your $notify_from in conf/_advanced.php

9 Oct 10, 2008 18:03

Thanks for the tip. I tried it but it didn't work. I noticed that if I post a comment and put my email address as @chrisfutcher.com it will go through. If I put xxxx@gmail.com or xxxx@yahoo.com in the form it will get stopped by my server. I can't expect everyone who comments to put an xxxx@chrisfutcher.com address in the comments because they don't have one.

Is there a way to make the form appear like it is coming from an xxxx@chrisfutcher.com email but still allow them to put in their own email address?

10 Oct 25, 2008 10:14

I figured it out. In inc/comments/model/_comment.class.php turn line 1162, 1166, 1171 into

$mail_from = T_( 'xxxxx@chrisfutcher.com' );

This will cause the email being sent to be from xxxxx@chrisfutcher e-mail address.

Form is loading...