Recent Topics

1 Oct 19, 2008 16:54    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I keep trying to figure this out and I'm not having much luck. I have the items showing but not within my blog theme. I want them to display in the same place my creative commons license. Can someone point me to the right place?
I am editing the html_footer_inc file. Not sure how else to get them to show.

http://foreverpurple.com/blog

2 Oct 19, 2008 17:37

how about copying the body.footer.inc.php to your skin folder and adding a container inside it ?

3 Oct 19, 2008 19:23

Just a div container??

4 Oct 19, 2008 20:10

Daethian2 wrote:

Just a div container??

a widget container, i had in mind

5 Oct 20, 2008 01:13

I don't know what you mean by that.

6 Oct 20, 2008 02:54

Daethian2 wrote:

I don't know what you mean by that.

i mean you could add a 'footer' container if you havent already; so that your footer would function as same same as header, and you could add links content, etc just the same way you insert widgets in to header or sidebar etc.

7 Oct 28, 2008 03:29

I thought maybe you mean to add a widget to my footer in the back office but my theme doesn't have a footer section in the widgets.

If that's not what you meant then I have no idea how to do what you are suggesting.

8 Oct 28, 2008 15:08

Daethian2 wrote:

I thought maybe you mean to add a widget to my footer in the back office but my theme doesn't have a footer section in the widgets.

yea that's exactly what i meant.. and i ve tried to explain how to.. look for body.footer.inc.php in your skin folder.. If you dont have one, simple create a new php file and add:

<?php
/**
 * This is the BODY footer include template.
 * For a quick explanation of b2evo 2.0 skins, please start here:
 * {@link http://manual.b2evolution.net/Skins_2.0}
 * This is meant to be included in a page template.

*/
if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );
?>

<!-- =================================== START OF FOOTER container =================================== -->
<div id="footer">
	<?php
		// Display container and contents:
		skin_container( NT_("Footer"), array(
				// The following params will be used as defaults for widgets included in this container:
			) );
		// Note: Double quotes have been used around "Footer" only for test purposes.
	?>
</div><!-- end -->

Now you have a _body_footer.inc.php with a footer container in it.. then to simply include it; open up your index.main.php(posts.main.php) and add this if you dont had it already:

<?php
// ------------------------- body FOOTER INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
skin_include( '_body_footer.inc.php' );
// ------------------------------- END OF FOOTER --------------------------------
?>

and oh, dont forget to reload your skin after making the changes

9 Oct 29, 2008 03:55

Wow...okay it took me an hour but I finally got it!!!!

I already had that file and the include but I guess I wasn't placing the code in the right place within the file.

Thanks for your patience.

10 Oct 29, 2008 12:54

Daethian2 wrote:

Wow...okay it took me an hour but I finally got it!!!!

I already had that file and the include but I guess I wasn't placing the code in the right place within the file.

Thanks for your patience.

not at all, good luck

Form is loading...