Recent Topics

1 Oct 25, 2008 04:39    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi, I'm in the process of upgrading to a newer version of b2e and am having some problems with a few things.

The web host that I have already has b2evolution as an app, but it's the 0.9.2 version. I wanted to upgrade to the 2.4.5 version. I'm starting with a clean slate... I don't have any hacks, favorite skins etc etc that I want to save or anything.

First, I don't see any way for me to back up my files with my current web host (I'm looking into that). I'm assuming that wouldn't be an issue anyway since I'm just starting out with setting things up from old to new and haven't done anything with the blog yet?

Second, I searched and didn't find a file such as /blogs/_basic?config.php like the tutorial said, to restore when I get to that phase... what do I do about that?

And lastly, in regards to uploading the new files after I delete everything else etc, do I create the folders that these files go into before I upload them or will the installer/upgrade script do this (separating the files into the folders they should go into?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 Oct 25, 2008 07:34

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Seems like you have FTP access so...
Delete all your old b2 folders and files.
If you can backup your database do so..maybe your host can assist with that.
Now, simply download the latest version, unzip it and simply load all the files and folders as they are in the unzipped package.

Re /blogs/_basic?config.php
What you now have is blogs/conf/_basic_config.php

And that is where you edit your specific details.. like login, password etc etc.
Do that before you run the upgrade script.

good luck and post back here if you need more help.

Form is loading...