Recent Topics

1 Oct 28, 2008 03:36    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Version 2.4.2

I want to make all posts drafts, so ultimately I have the power to edit/publish before anything goes live, can't seem to find anywhere to do it, any pointers appreciated thanks.

Gareth

2 Oct 28, 2008 03:49

At the Posting Screen, look under Visibility/Sharing on the side.

3 Oct 28, 2008 04:26

Yes John, I know where that is, I want the radio button to be set to draft as default, not the pubblished button if possible. When people make a post I want to be able to ensure it is always a draft and never posted before I check its content. I am sure they will always forget to change the button to draft if left to their own devices :)

Gareth

4 Oct 28, 2008 08:15

Sorry about the misunderstanding...
I've looked for the relevant file without success.
One of the devs or gurus should be able to help you with editing a core file to give you the default setting you want.

5 Oct 28, 2008 08:18

John wrote:

Sorry about the misunderstanding...
I've looked for the relevant file without success.
One of the devs or gurus should be able to help you with editing a core file to give you the default setting you want.

Thanks for trying John, I too have tried to find the text in the files with no luck, hopefully someone has a quick fix.

Gareth

6 Oct 28, 2008 15:01

In the folder "conf" you have the file called "_admin.php

In the line 93 you'll find the answer to your request (I hope)

/**
* Default status for new posts:
* Possible values: 'published', 'deprecated', 'protected', 'private', 'draft', 'redirected'
* @todo fp>This should be moved to the backoffice. Select list for each blog.
* @global string $default_post_status
*/
$default_post_status = 'published';

7 Oct 28, 2008 21:58

Works like a charm thanks heaps.

I did a windows search again on my machine of the whole blog directory, I searched for a word or phrase in the file, the word being "published" and it did not find it, infact any word that appeared in any .php file was not found by the standard windows search, strange indeed. However the search and replace function in Front Page found it easily for me, guess I need to use that now for searching.

Gareth

8 Oct 30, 2008 10:28

in addition to this solution, I would like to ask how can I completely delete the "published" status from my blog.

9 Oct 30, 2008 13:37

Admin > Blog Settings > [blog name] > group permissions ... untick "published" for all groups in "advanced" view

¥

Form is loading...