Recent Topics

1 Nov 01, 2008 19:01    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm hoping someone can help. I've been having serious problems with my current host and am moving to a new one. I have managed to create the new database, and exported the old one off of my original host. When I try to import it I get an error.

I've copied the error below.

I've tried exporting the database in as many different formats as possible from the original host, but I still get some version of the error below.

I have managed to complete a clean install and import a custom skin that I created, but I can't restore my original blog. I would hate to lose the posts I already have.

Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

The error I've received is:

There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:

----BEGIN CUT----
rboisson - I've deleted the data for efficiency; it's available if it helps.
----END CUT----
----BEGIN RAW----

ERROR: C1 C2 LEN: 2 3 1319
STR: 

CVS: $Id: sqlparser.lib.php,v 2.36 2005/08/08 20:22:11 lem9 Exp $
MySQL: 4.0.27-max-log
USR OS, AGENT, VER: Win MOZILLA 5.0
PMA: 2.6.4-pl3
PHP VER,OS: 4.3.10-200.schlund.1 Linux
LANG: en-utf-8
SQL: PK

More deleted data

----END RAW----

SQL query:

PK

More deleted data

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'PK' at line 1

2 Nov 04, 2008 00:01

Shouldn't be a problem going from one host to another. How are you exporting the DB? (What steps are you taking) ... and how are you importing? (again steps).

It will also help to keep your old host account "active", till AFTER you've successfully transferred and imported the DB, just in case there are (other) oddities.

3 Nov 04, 2008 01:02

I actually managed to get the database moved over. I ended up playing with the settings in the export to get it in. The only issue I have now is that for some reason all of my blog posts ended up with a sprinkling of "Â" all over the place. I could go in and edit them all out, but that would be tedious.

Any suggestions?

I've already moved my DNS over to the new host and it is up and running fine. My old account is still active until about the 20th of this month, so I can still get everything off of it if necessary.

Thanks!

Ray

4 Nov 04, 2008 02:11

Ray,

The "Â" sounds like a DB charset difference or setting - either coming out of your old DB or going into your new DB.

You can either find the source of the confusion ...

or

edit a copy of your SQL (or SQL.GZ) version of your backup, on your local machine and then re-import it on top of your existing (new) DB

or

find/replace it in phpMyAdmin ... (I think I have a little SQL do-hippie that I use for global search/replace ... lemme check ... here it is:)

http://randsco.com/index.php/2007/05/13/phpmyadmin_ditties

(lol ... I posted it) ;)

where table_name probably == evo_posts, table_field1 probably == post_content
find probably == Â
replace probably == A

It might not be as "tedious" as you think, but just check to make sure you're finding and replacing the "right thing". ;)

5 Nov 04, 2008 14:54

stk,

That worked great! Thank you very much for your assistance.

Ray

6 Nov 04, 2008 15:54

Glad it worked! No problem @ assisting, that's what the boards are for. :D

Form is loading...