Recent Topics

1 Nov 16, 2008 14:10    

Hello!

First, let me express my deepest gratitude of the devteam and the users of b2evo. I have tried wordpress,blogger,joomla and so on but this is the seriously best engine. I'm still struggling to how I want it, so the amount of freedom may be a problem ;)

However, I have come up with an idea and b2evo is probably the only one that will work with smallest amount of work.

I need a frontpage which displays like a normal website, but which displays an excerpt from the latest posts in one sidebar and latest or most active thread in the forum on the other sidebar. main content area will be about the idea/project. So what could you recommend? As for forum, i have used phpbb2 and 3 before, but unsure on how I can implement it so that forumusers and blog users are the same, if you register on the website you autoregister on the forum as well. Is that possible and what tables would I need to change (I got b2evo installed, but forum isnt installed yet).

I wasnt sure where to post this so this is my blog im showing off, except its nothing, yet.
I'll probably translate the UI if I have to, I'm confident in this idea, altough not in that we will get alot of users until some long months.

Any questions, just ask. I will try to explain more.

2 Nov 22, 2008 05:11

Integrating with phpbb2 has been done. I've actually done it a few years ago. They used to provide a "summary.php" or something like that. based on that file, you could do an include <summary.php> and put that line in your b2evo skin where you wanted your content to show up (ie sidebar).

the b2evo skins are really powerful and you can make them look anyway you want them. I've seen quite some nice ones out there (including mine (humbly :-)).

As far as auto-registering users into both systems, you should check out the open ID plugin in the plugin section. As long as phpbb2 can integrate with that, you may solve your 'integration' problem.

We personally stop using phpbb2 because (we think), blogging will take over forums. I think there was also a plugin to cascade comments so that also took care of the "discussion" style commentary.

good luck and do come back and share your finish product.

Form is loading...