Recent Topics

1 Nov 22, 2008 01:43    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4

Hello All,

I have two problems that I suspect are connected. When any user, other than administrator, logs into the system, the "customize" link on the dashboard is missing. If you click on dashboard, this error comes up, but still no "customize" link on the dashboard.

Notice: Undefined index: text in /home/gsgboo5/public_html/blog/skins_adm/_adminUI_general.class.php on line 765

Then, if you click on "Write" the customize link magically appears but the error is persistent. From what I have read this is a plugin permission bug in the core that is displayed when a users is calling a plugin without the correct permissions.

I want the dashboard visible to the users (I have them all set to level 5) and specifically, I want the "customize" link displayed. but I do not want them to have the ability to change skins or widgets.

Any ideas?

2 Nov 22, 2008 03:36

Go to user settings and make Antispam: View only in "System admin permissions". It will fix "Notice: Undefined index: text" error.

3 Nov 22, 2008 05:55

I mean Group settings :oops:

4 Nov 22, 2008 06:04

Thanks Sam!

You threw me off with that one but I figured it out :D It looks like it solved the other problem with the customize link as well.

You are now 2 for 2 in solving my problems!!!!!!!!!

Much appreciated!

5 Nov 22, 2008 06:12

just as an FYI, I just figure out what triggers the error. It is when I try to set "settings" to no access.

Form is loading...