Recent Topics

1 Nov 22, 2008 21:53    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello.

How can the summary.php code be modified to not show the same post in multiple blogs listed in that summary -- only show the post once; from the main blog in which it was created? :?:

For example:

Blog A Title

* 11/20/08 Animals of the U.S.A. [en-US]
* 10/27/08 Welcome to b2evolution! [en-US]
* 10/27/08 Extended post [en-US]
* More posts...

Blog B Title

* 11/20/08 Animals of the U.S.A. [en-US]
* 10/27/08 About skins... [en-US]
* 10/27/08 About widgets... [en-US]
* More posts...

Thanks.

2 Nov 23, 2008 19:04

urm, it'd be a smidge of a PITA, but you could store an array of all "shown" $Item->ID's and then skip them in the following $MainLists ... you'd want to request > per page and switch off paging though ... otherwise yer gonna get some weird results

¥

3 Nov 23, 2008 22:23

Thanks ¥åßßå.

If you think it may be a PITA, then I'm not sure whether or not I'll make that revision -- I may need to control duplication via a policy or something so that any given blogger doesn't try to monopolize the summary page by adding their posts to multiple blogs just because they have permission to post in multiple blogs.

Otherwise, down the road if not controlled, I could see nothing but duplications dominating the summary page if multiple bloggers take advantage of this.

Hopefully, posting to multiple blogs can be controlled via user or group permissions. I don't want to close that door completely.

Thanks.

Form is loading...