Recent Topics

1 Nov 22, 2008 11:55    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi Folks! In the 1.9.x b2evo world, I deal how to do this... but now, as I didnt document it in the past, in the 2.x world... i cant find the ways outta the ballpark! :P

The thing is that I dont want the titles to contain inner links, because with this lines

<?php
		// ------------------------- TITLE FOR THE CURRENT REQUEST -------------------------
		request_title( array(
				'title_before'=> '<h2>',
				'title_after' => '</h2>',
				'title_none'  => '',
				'glue'        => ' - ',
				'title_single_disp' => true,
				'format'      => 'htmlbody',
			) );
		// ------------------------------ END OF REQUEST TITLE -----------------------------
	?> 

I see twice the title code on the page.

Temporarely, I did this

<?php echo $Item->dget( 'title' ); ?> 

in order to eliminate ANY link in the title... but as I like to mantain external links on the title, things get complicated at this point.

So the question is: how could I get rid of the "second title" on the page (that would be mantaining the inner link within the title) or how could I get rid of the internal links on the title, mantaining the externals.

I can dig with the easiest solution to code, yet, I could choose, I prefer the first one (as far as when I did this on the past, it was mantaining external links, without the internal links) If I could mantain ONE title, I would have the link to that article if I dont have the read more option... dunno how to solve this riddle... but I accept suggestions to solve this challange! :D

2 Nov 22, 2008 13:36

Cr*p, this is an option already kinda present in the control panel, in the url section.

However, my doubt remains, as if its still possible to mantain the url in the title once, without showing in the place where tags and categories are shown, it would be nice (the thing is that the title is pushy enough to keep appearing in that zone, and I want to remove it from there... if the link of the title remains on the title, its ok, all I want is to take it from there!!! (now that the minimal L&F was achieved, I go for more! ;-)

3 Nov 22, 2008 14:30

Little bit lost to what you're actually asking, so lets hope I've struck lucky and this is what you're after :

$Item->title( array(
				'before'      => '',
				'after'       => '',
				'link_type'   => 'linkto_url',
		) );

¥

4 Nov 22, 2008 20:01

¥åßßå wrote:

Little bit lost to what you're actually asking, so lets hope I've struck lucky and this is what you're after :

$Item->title( array(
				'before'      => '',
				'after'       => '',
				'link_type'   => 'linkto_url',
		) );

¥

First of all, thanks for joinin' the party! :D

And now, trying to explain myself a little bit, well, I tried what you point me out, but it keeps doing the same as setting up with the indication of not doing the links in the titles from the SEO part of the blog settings.

What I was trying to explain, is that when the title includes a link to that very same article, it displays twice times on the page. And where? It appears for the second time the title where the instructions to show the tags and the categories appear when you click on them. And its fine and necesary that feature that allows to filter ALL articles within a certain category or a tag... but its unnecesary to show again the title of the article when you click on it. Thats why I prefer to get it outta the park, because it looks akward and untidy to show twice the article on the single page.

So if you could give me a few clues of what I need to indicate the array of "request_title" in order to not show the title when I click on that title, it would be terrific! :D Thanks for your help pal! :D

5 Nov 23, 2008 10:38

Try changing "title_single_disp" => true, to false in your original code ;)

¥

6 Nov 24, 2008 07:14

¥åßßå wrote:

Try changing "title_single_disp" => true, to false in your original code ;)

¥

Thanks Pal, that's what does the magic! :D

PD: Dunno why (cache?), but I tried to change that on my early attempts of setting up this properly... d*mn cache! :P

Form is loading...