Recent Topics

1 Dec 06, 2008 00:15    

So, it appears as though Google and Facebook have both launched the ability to link their information with websites. That being said (and being a Facebook fan) is it possible to see/implement the Facebook connect with this application? It looks like they can link the Facebook profiles/users and such with external websites. I think it'd be very streamline to have the site sync your profiles with the blog. Any thoughts?

You figure a lot of people have membership to Facebook, why not let them just have to login to the blog and not create an account? Then, you can also post blog information further publicizing the blog itself?

I could be off-base, it could be a lot of work, but i think it'd be nice to see. I have dabbled with Facebook apps before and they usually do a fair job at writing code and documenting it so hopefully it's less a learning curve, and more just an implementation task.

Any other's thoughts on this?

2 Jan 03, 2009 02:40

I agree completely that this would be a great feature. I would love to see this made into a plug-in possibly?

3 Jun 19, 2009 00:39

I agree/bump completely as well - there's already a wordpress plugin, www.ryanleslie.com has implemented it perfectly.

4 Jun 19, 2010 00:52

It seems that THE minimum trinity for viral media networking is made up a web site (blogs, etc), Twitter and Facebook integration.

Getting this into the b2eveolution feature set would definitely be a huge leap in the right direction.

5 Aug 02, 2010 01:25

Is there any movement to make this happen? I have a new install and trying to component to integrate it with Joomla. I have a Facebook connect installed for Joomla and hope in bridge that it will thus work with B2 as well.

6 Aug 02, 2010 08:41

Paulkruger wrote:

I have a Facebook connect installed for Joomla and hope in bridge that it will thus work with B2 as well.

Not very likely

7 Aug 02, 2010 15:59

tilqicom wrote:

Paulkruger wrote:

I have a Facebook connect installed for Joomla and hope in bridge that it will thus work with B2 as well.

Not very likely

Darn...I was hoping the Joomla log in via the extension would not require visitors to have to create two accounts for the site.

Back to the drawing board !

8 Aug 04, 2010 23:34

I may be using the wrong application! Looks like Wordpress would replace both my Jooma and B2 with one app that does both and can link to Facebook

Whoopeee :lol:

9 Aug 13, 2010 08:46

Yes I read all the expressions..Facebook provide the opportunity to link to the website

10 Aug 13, 2010 16:46

jhonyclark wrote:

Yes I read all the expressions..Facebook provide the opportunity to link to the website

Not sure I understand. Are you saying there is an add on for B2 to connect for users to log in to B2 using their Facebook login?

Please post the URL

11 Aug 13, 2010 17:42

Paul, I have a feeling those last two posts were spam.

L

12 Oct 10, 2010 20:13

I think that what would make the most sense would be to have a Facebook connect plugin that would be pretty similar to the OpenID plugin.

Does that make sense to you?

Anyone want to give that plugin a shot?

13 Jun 13, 2011 06:33

any one have an idea where to start with a post to facebook plugin for b2evo? Facebook provides files and instructions to get it done, I have researched it before, but since then Facebook changed somewhat and now I don't know where to find what I need without jumping through a hundred hoops first? Anyone? Thanks.

14 Sep 10, 2011 22:21

Achilis, this is not "facebook connect" but to answer your question: I think it can't be done anymore. Apparently facebook doesn't want you to do that. All you can do is import your RSS feed into facebook.

15 Nov 08, 2011 19:31

fplanque wrote:

Achilis, this is not "facebook connect" but to answer your question: I think it can't be done anymore. Apparently facebook doesn't want you to do that. All you can do is import your RSS feed into facebook.

My sincerest apologies for posting in an older thread, but I'm really curious about this matter. I'm new to the world of blogging and social media, so please, please, please forgive me for my naivete.

Now, what is this "facebook connect" Brad is talking about? From what I'm hearing, it doesn't seem to exist. However, you're mentioning that an RSS feed can be connected to one's facebook page. Is this for fan pages only or can this be done for personal profiles? Also, so I'm not asking useless questions: Aren't RSS feeds compilations or notifications of the latest blog posts from a specific website? If I added this "facebook connect" tool or plug-in, will my blog posts automatically be posted to the facebook page/profile? Just curious.

As mentioned before, I'm REALLY sorry if I'm being at all confusing. I'm trying to start up a blog for my business and I'm not having a particularly good time. I'm VERY new to [url=http://www.compendium.com/]business blogging[/url]! Can someone help me out? I want to promote my business as much as humanly possible. Thanks! :D

16 freebetsuk Dec 04, 2011 19:46

freebetsuk

Yes i agree....this would be an excellent feature!

17 Dec 26, 2011 21:14

OK, it's not the smoothest or the best but . . . set up the b2e to post to twitter. From Twitter you can have it post to a FB user or page. When you post in b2e it will post to twitter and from twitter it will repost to FB. In FB it will have a link back to the original blog post.

Not perfect but it's better nothing.

Form is loading...