Recent Topics

1 Dec 14, 2008 23:11    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

That might sound like a goofy question, but I've been messing about with this B2Evolution software all day and am getting nowhere fast. Is THIS messageboard a blog? Shouldn't I be able to add a new thread and post a message like this within the blog I'm trying to create at http://www.hugo.us.com/blog ???

2 Dec 14, 2008 23:58

Well, the b2evo is a soft that manages blogs (like the one you install and test). However, this is a forum that uses the phpbb forum engine, in order to manage all of our queries. So there are two different things! (each soft is more efficient to do certain tasks: a forum works for queries, a blog works for personal writes!) I hope to be helpful! My two cents! :D

PD: Theres no goofy question at all, as we all start new things sometime! (and AFAIK, nobody born knowing all!)

3 Dec 15, 2008 02:49

OK. Kewl. I get it.

:idea: Hey! ... This is a little off topic, but is it possible to make some Categories completely private (so I could journal some more personal matters) while having the majority of Categories visible to friends/family etc...?

w/thx,
G.

5 Dec 15, 2008 16:38

I think the easy difference between a blog and a forum is what their main purpose is.

A blog is a system where someone posts their individual content like text, images, videos etc. and other users can only comment this content. So the main purpose is usually for one person or group to express their opinion.

A forum is meant to be used for more open discussion. Usually anyone can post on forums new topics and content. The only requirement is that you sometimes have to create an user account to the given forum.

In a nut shell:
Blog is a place where a limited group of people can post content and others can comment on it.
Forum is a place where almost anyone can post content and others can discuss the topics posted.

6 Dec 15, 2008 18:14

Hypocrite wrote:

In a nut shell:
Blog is a place where a limited group of people can post content and others can comment on it.
Forum is a place where almost anyone can post content and others can discuss the topics posted.

The only difference between those two statements is how wide is your group and do you allow anonymous comments ;)

¥

Form is loading...