Recent Topics

1 Dec 16, 2008 11:37    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm trying to recreate the border effect used on the default header image from the vastitude skin on one of my own images, but my attempts to date are somewhat crude. Can anyone give me a step by step to re-creating this effect at all?

Here are the images:

Original:
http://www.izdihar.com/skins/vastitude/img/vast_header.jpg

My version:
http://www.izdihar.com/skins/vastitude/img/img_3128_912px_v2.jpg

I should mention that mine was done in Photoshop Elements 5, and was done by cropping out the Arizona (?) bits out and layering the end result over my own image - as I said, crude...

2 Dec 16, 2008 22:09

good to see that it's not just me that's crap at graphics :D

it'd be nice if designers included a psd for each image huh?

...hell, even then I could make it look tacky :D

¥

3 Dec 19, 2008 01:14

Hi,

Sorry I didn't get your email until just now.. with the holidays coming it's rather hectic here... I'm replying to your email directly but didn't want this thread to go unanswered/ignored...

jj.

4 Jan 09, 2009 10:30

Ditto, I'm looking for the exact same option. Have played with CSS before with moderate success, just didnt want to get bogged down with it this time. Will keep ya posted if and when the answer comes. Thanks........turnNburn!

5 Jan 09, 2009 22:09

¥åßßå wrote:

good to see that it's not just me that's crap at graphics :D

¥

:D:D i ve been always mentioning ¥åßßå is the most encouraging one among us

6 Jan 13, 2009 21:51

By way of a small update, jibberjab did me a new graphic to pop into my site, so much kudos to him for doing that.

I'm sure he won't mind if I also copy this snippet of his last email to me, as it may be of interest to those who have followed this thread thus far.

"The way I build the header is to create a "mask" in photoshop which I can attach to a layer... In this case, the layer would contain the image you supplied, and the mask, attached to the image, would hide anything that exists outside of the rectangular area of the header and the curved corners"

7 Jan 13, 2009 21:52

Oh, and the image above is now the one Andrew did for me (same file name you see)

Form is loading...