Recent Topics

1 Dec 23, 2008 23:03    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I created my databases a long time ago and I can't remember exactly which one my blog is in. Is there any way to find out what is stored in each database? Also, is there any way to find out my MySQL password if I've forgotten it?

Thanks so much!

2 Dec 26, 2008 13:47

If you still have a local copy of your blog config files look in the file blog/conf/_basic_config.php and read through it. Notepad will open it. Your database password should be in there.

If you can still log into phpMyadmin or any other (database console interface) then you can see your databases and inspect their contents. You can also reset the password although if you do you'll need to change it on your blog too.

3 Dec 26, 2008 17:31

Thank you very much for the response. I was actually looking for this information to fill in a script that would import my b2evolution blog into a wordpress blog. I will ultimately stick with b2evolution, but I wanted to experiment.

As it turns out, the script was outdated anyway. The only way to import my b2evolution material to wordpress is to export it in the movable type format. Does anyone know how to do that? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

Form is loading...