Recent Topics

1 Dec 29, 2008 10:27    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,
I have 5 skins (green, yellow, red, rose, green). From one skin to another, only the colors are changing. How do I mutualize the php code? I decided to create a common skin from which the five skins require pieces of code. But to know whether a container is present in one skin or not, b2evolution parses the files, but does not follow the "require_once" link. What should I do to solve this problem? How would you organize this code?

2 Dec 29, 2008 10:29

I'd just have one skin and then upload the required "colour" css to media/blogs/[blog]/style.css

¥

3 Dec 29, 2008 11:16

Thanks for your quick answer, but that would duplicate code too, wouldn'it (css code, here)? I would like to avoid any duplication, and get b2evolution to work too...

4 Dec 29, 2008 12:19

It would only be a replication of the colour/image definitions

¥

5 Dec 29, 2008 14:06

Let's say I have about 7000 blogs, with 2000 blogs with the green skin. I am not going to copy the green image files in each blog directory, am I ?

6 Dec 29, 2008 15:25

Well, the only other thing I can think of is abusing the blog notes field and then amending your skins index.main.php to include the correct file.

¥

7 Dec 29, 2008 15:34

:-/ blog_notes field? What is the matter with this field? I can't figure out what it is :

select blog_notes from evo_blogs where blog_notes!="";
Empty set (0.01 sec)

I thought the problem was with the evo_skins__container tables... thanks for your help anyway.

8 Dec 29, 2008 15:40

Ok, unless you can symlink all the folders together you need to either

Have a copy of all files ( and just specific css ) in each folder

or

Use /media/blogs/[blog]/style.css

or

get creative and use the blog notes field to store "this colour" and then add the relevant <link> in _html_header.inc.php

or

Use a freehtml widget for the same purpose and add a container to your skins _html_header.inc.php

The choice is yours, if it was me I'd symlink the folders, but you'd need ssh access to your server to do that

¥

9 Dec 29, 2008 15:42

Great! Thank you for your solutions, I am going to discuss this with my team.

10 Dec 29, 2008 15:45

Just thought of another solution that may suit you better

Create 1 folder ( that actually holds the skin files )

Create a copy folder for each colour variation that has it's own style.css && images folder

Create a dummy php file that just has each of the skins container in it ( doesn't need all the params just container and name should do )

Create index/posts/single/page.main.php that just include the relevant file from the "real" skins home.

Evo should read the containers in teh dummy file, your skin list will have 1 entry per colour and ( barring all the dummy files ) you'll only have 1 *real* set of skin files.

All these options ;)

¥

11 Dec 29, 2008 15:47

I think this solution is the smartest one! Thanks a lot, I am going to do as you wrote. :D

Form is loading...