Recent Topics

1 Jan 17, 2009 20:15    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi folks,

I'm stumped and presume this might be a simple solution but I can't seem to come up with it. I just did an upgrade from 1.8.1 to 2.45. There are two of us who post on the blog, and on the previous version our entries would show up under "all blogs" so that when you went to the website URL the newest post, no matter which category would show up.

Now when you first log into the site it says "Sorry, there is nothing to display..." as the posts are only showing up under their own blogs and not under the all blogs.

Any help?

Thanks

2 Jan 17, 2009 20:50

Yup. What happened was that in v1.* blog #1 automagically aggregated everything whether you wanted it to or not. Now in v2.* you have to tell any given blog which blogs to aggregate into it.

Somewhere on your blog settings for blog where stuff is missing there will be a subtab that has "aggregate what blogs" on it. Might be the 'advanced' subtab? Anyway find that field and tell it the blog IDs of the other blogs you want going into blog 1. Like 2,3,7 for example.

3 Jan 17, 2009 20:51

EdB wrote:

Yup. What happened was that in v1.* blog #1 automagically aggregated everything whether you wanted it to or not. Now in v2.* you have to tell any given blog which blogs to aggregate into it.

Somewhere on your blog settings for blog where stuff is missing there will be a subtab that has "aggregate what blogs" on it. Might be the 'advanced' subtab? Anyway find that field and tell it the blog IDs of the other blogs you want going into blog 1. Like 2,3,7 for example.

Thanks Ed, I did a search for 'default' on here and eventually found the aggregate information and looks like I'm all set.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Form is loading...