Recent Topics

1 Jan 25, 2009 21:48    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I am having a problem with the leave a comment feature. I noticed others sites have the option at the bottom of a blog with the information form. I do not have that and when I click on the "leave a comment" link it takes me to a page that says "No input file specified." I know I did something wrong along the way but I am new at this so bare with me. http://www.snagtagbrag.com/b2evolution-2.4.6-stable-2009-01-12-lc/b2evolution/blogs/blog1.php. It doesn't work whether I'm logged in or not.

2 Jan 25, 2009 23:28

If you click on a permlink you get the same problem. Permalink being, for example, a post title (the way you've got it configured and the skin you've selected). So much to set up and select eh?

So here's my crazy ideas: (1) change the sample.htaccess file to be simply .htaccess - and do note that it starts with a dot. (2) If/when that fails to help on your "Blog settings -> pick-a-blog" tab hit the URLs subtab and choose all the options that have something like "params" in the name. The thing is not all servers can do the 'pretty urls' thing and yours might be one of them.

If you're not into this php stuff, "params" URLs will look like blahblahblah.com/filename.php?this=that&foo=bar instead of something that looks, well, kinda nice.

EDIT: Oh and welcome to the forums! I help where I can, but when it gets really REALLY hard Yabba or Afwas will eventually come to the rescue.

3 Jan 26, 2009 00:58

Wow your 2nd option fixed it, thanks a bunch and I am thrilled to be here and to learn more about web development. Have any ideas as to why attaching a photo doesn't work for me? Thanks again.

Form is loading...