Recent Topics

1 Jan 30, 2009 18:07    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me with a template / skin issue I have.

I have set up my own skin and inserted all the code I need to sit my blog within the template and uploaded it with a stub file too. However when I go to choose the custom skin I get the following error.

The skin [myskin] set for blog [nickmb.co.uk] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file

How can I get around this - maybe I need to add something else into the 'mystub' file? Or something in the settings I've over looked?

Your advice, guidance and help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mark

2 Jan 30, 2009 22:37

I'm not sure I understand how you uploaded a skin with a stub file, but here's the thing with skins: after you upload it you have to "install" it. Then you can select it for a blog.

Or wait maybe you did install it and selecting it is what is causing the problem?

hmmm....

So let's talk about including a stub file with a skin. A skin is a bunch of files that live in a folder. Let's call it "myskin". The path to that should be "yourpath/skins/myskin/". Stub files would be something like "yourpath/my_stub.php" so you see how I'm confused?

It'll work out sooner or later. Could you clarify about the stub with the skin and if you "installed" it successfully?

3 Jan 31, 2009 12:19

Hello Edb,

Thanks for your reply - I can explain things slightly better now as I'm not in a rush.

I have uploaded the skin and installed it. I can select it when I go to my blog settings and choose "myskin". The "mystub" file is located in the root directory of the website and the skin can be found in root/skins/myskin and it's called index_main.php

So thus far I'm still getting the error as before. In the back office does the "url filename" need to be the same as the blog name inside the stub file??? The code is below in case there's an error.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<span class="PageTop">
<?php<?php
# First, select which blog you want to display here!
# You can find these numbers in the back-office under the Blogs section.
# You can also create new blogs over there. If you do, you may duplicate this file for the new blog.
$blog =2005;

# You could *force* a specific skin here with this setting: (otherwise, default will be used)
# $skin = 'myskin';

# This setting retricts posts to those published, thus hiding drafts.
# You should not have to change this.
$show_statuses = array();

# Here you can set a limit before which posts will be ignored
# You can use a unix timestamp value or 'now' which will hide all posts in the past
$timestamp_min = '';

# Here you can set a limit after which posts will be ignored
# You can use a unix timestamp value or 'now' which will hide all posts in the future
$timestamp_max = 'now';

# Additionnaly, you can set other values (see URL params in the manual)...
# $order = 'ASC'; // This for example would display the blog in chronological order...

/**
* That's it, now let b2evolution do the rest! :)
*/
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
?>?>
</span>
</body>
</html>

I'm fairly sure this is easy to fix, I'm just not seeing something I'm sure.

All the best,

Mark

4 Jan 31, 2009 14:26

That's not a stub file. Stubs don't need the bits that look like good old fashioned html. Also in your /skins/yourskin/ folder you will need to have index.main.php - not an underscore.

Sample stub for your root directory for blog #1 that will force "myskin":

<?php
# First, select which blog you want to display here!
$blog = 1;

# You could *force* a specific skin here with this setting: (otherwise, default will be used)
$skin = 'myskin';

# This setting retricts posts to those published, thus hiding drafts.
# You should not have to change this.
$show_statuses = array();

# Here you can set a limit before which posts will be ignored
$timestamp_min = '';

# Here you can set a limit after which posts will be ignored
$timestamp_max = 'now';

# Additionnaly, you can set other values (see URL params in the manual)...
# $order = 'ASC';

/**
 * That's it, now let b2evolution do the rest! :)
 */
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
?>

For your /skins/myskin/index.main.php file, yours needs to be quite similar to what you see in the "custom" skin. The complicated thing though is that it can actually be VERY different and still work just fine.

Form is loading...