Recent Topics

1 Feb 04, 2009 12:38    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I only have experience using Office and Blogspot. My ambition: create a website with b2evolution on our school server. Our admin got me an address and MySQL database. I downloaded, unpacked and then uploaded the content of the "blog" directory to a map called <public.htm> (that's what our IT-guy told me to do) using a free software program called "classicFTP".
Couldn't start de MySQL automaticaly so did what b2evolution told me to do and copy pasted <autoconfig> Worked fine, every box on the table review got ticked, got my login and password. Then: PROBLEM
If I go to my site I can see the blog installed. If I go to <mysite/admin> my Pc says "site not found". If I go to <mysite/admin.php> I get the warning below. I checked my uploaded files and noticed that my FTPsoftware automatically changed upper to lower cast so I rechanges <_adminui_general.class.php> to <_adminUI_general.class.php>. That changed the line mentioned in the warning from 163 to 33. Can someone please help me?

btw neither the link "function.require-once" of "function.require"leads to anything other then "404 not found - function not found on server"

The warning I get reads:

Warning: require_once(/home/NAME OF MY SPACE ON SERVER/public_html/skins_adm/chicago/../_adminUI_general.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/NAME OF MY SPACE ON SERVER/public_html/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php on line 33

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/NAME OF MY SPACE ON SERVER/public_html/skins_adm/chicago/../_adminUI_general.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/NAME OF MY SPACE ON SERVER/public_html/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php on line 33

2 Feb 04, 2009 13:12

Rey wrote:

.../public_html/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php on line 33 ...

Another filename with capital letters eh?

Two choices seem available to my mind. First, slowly but surely find all of the files that have capital letters in their name and correct them on your server. Second, convince that FTP program to stop changing file names. "Preserve filename" might be an option you could select? Or maybe something like "don't do that!". I've no knowledge of that FTP program, but for sure the lack of proper file name is probably the problem.

Yeah those links go nowhere. Dunno why they're there.

3 Feb 05, 2009 20:23

Thanks EdB for getting me out of my desperation. I started following your first advise but there were an awfull lot of files and I'm afraid I'm not that big on patience. So I started venting my frustration with the FTP-program by more or less pressing every button in sight. Turns out the program indeed has a tool that somehow rectifies all file name changes .. and I sort of found it :-)
I can't confirm it said "don't do that" on the button but the problem is solved, all capitals are back where they should be and I can open my dashboard.
Pretty amazing what I can do now: it will take me some time to get passed the playing stage to the real site building :-)

Form is loading...