Recent Topics

1 Feb 05, 2009 04:47    

So here's something I've observed that might be an easy feature. On my Blog settings -> Pick A Blog -> Features subtab I've selected the default value of "standard post contents" for the "feed contents" option. I've also checked the box for "use advanced perms" because I need to enable permissions based on group number. The strange thing is that when I visit the "write" tab and select "expert" mode I see a field at the bottom labeled "Excerpt: (for XML feeds)". Okay but ... uh ... I haven't selected using excerpts! So to my simple mind if I'm using "standard" then I don't have any need for the excepts textarea.

ALSO if I change the "feed contents" setting to "post excerpts" then obviously I would want to have that field so I can put an excerpt into my post. The problem in this case is that if I select "simple" on my write tab then I can't because the field isn't there.

So I guess what I'm saying is having that field shouldn't be tied to "simple or excerpt". Rather, it should be tied to "blog settings features feed contents" setting because that is what determines if it is useless or required.

2 Feb 05, 2009 06:02

So to my simple mind if I'm using "standard" then I don't have any need for the excepts textarea.

I use excerpts as <meta> description for posts ;).

Form is loading...