Recent Topics

1 Feb 10, 2009 13:10    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

The link http://www.burningtaper.org/blogs/blog5.php will display a shell of a page and now I see what i did not see before.

How can I change the color background used in the skin on this page.

How can I go about and create my own skin and maybe move the clolumn where calandar is being displayed to unstaed display where the image b2evolution is dispalyed.

The image b2evolution I want to swap out for my own please tell me the file and line where this is down in the php scripts on the skin I used for this page and if it is not in the skin then where is it in the system.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

2 Feb 10, 2009 13:20

If by background colour, you mean the wood planks....
Just take the url(img/planks.gif) out of background and edit the colour, or the image.
styles.css
#outer_wrap {
font-size: 10pt;
font-family: georgia,times,'times new roman', serif;
background: #713600 url(img/planks.gif);
color: #303324;
text-align: left;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
line-height: 140%;
}

Re creating your own skin.... and only having two columns, I suggest you try the different skins provided in the backend Admin under Blog Settings -> Skins.

3 Feb 10, 2009 13:25

Hi fshaw,

For the background you'll have to edit the file /blogs/skins/evocamp/img/planks.gif with a paint program like Gimp or PaintShop.

2) In blogs/skins/evocamp/posts.main.php remove the first sidebar:

<?php
	// ------------------------- SIDEBAR INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
	skin_include( '_sidebar_left.inc.php' );
	// Note: You can customize the default BODY footer by copying the
	// _body_footer.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
	// ----------------------------- END OF SIDEBAR -----------------------------
	?>

and rename the second sidebar to '_sidebar_left.inc.php' (further down the same file you'll find the right sidebar).

3) See (2). The image is located in blogs/skins/evocamp/_sidebar_right.inc.php. However it's appreciated if you left a linkback to B2evolution.

Good luck

4 Feb 10, 2009 13:29

Thanks

I will leave a link back but not out in the middle of the page but some where in the bottom unstaed.

That is existly the information I was looking for.

THANKS Again

Frank H. Shaw

Form is loading...