Recent Topics

1 Feb 11, 2009 04:44    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

I've searched through a lot of the posts here and the list of designers on the main site. However, most of those sites don't seem to have many samples of their work. What I'm hoping to find is some samples of very nice custom skin designs that incorporated non-adsense adspace. I'm currently using b2evo 2.4.5 for a video blog site (http://www.theweeklyfly.com). I've customized Nautica_2l a bit but we want something more unique and sharp on which we can have ad space. I just don't have the chops to do that and don't have the time to learn. My partner wants to switch over to wordpress b/c more people know how to customize it. I'm trying to show him that b2evo designers are just as good. Any examples would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Feb 11, 2009 14:34

you can contact b2evo professionals under about page you know..Other than that, if you are willing to pay for a custom job, i would be glad to pull one out for you [ideally with a partner (looking at ¥åßßå suggestively)] with the condition of payment going to b2 as a donation.. just an idea (: good luck in advance..

3 Feb 11, 2009 19:59

Thanks. We will be paying for a custom skin, but first I need to make a good case for using b2e over wordpress. In order to do that I need to find some good examples to show my partners, particularly one's incorporating advertising space beyond just adsense.

Thanks again.

4 Feb 11, 2009 20:20

hhuntington2 wrote:

but first I need to make a good case for using b2e over wordpress.

1) If their code is poetry then b2evo code is the poet laureate
2) The imagination for a custom skin is independent of platform
3) b2evo is far easier to customise with plugins ... and even a plugin would become poet laureate before wordpress code does

Please note : my opinion may be biased

¥

7 Feb 12, 2009 23:42

I agree about B2E over wordpress. thanks for the links.

H

8 Feb 17, 2009 17:55

Any ideas on how much a custom skin would cost. Basically would want to make http://www.theweeklyfly.com look much crisper and to "brand" our site. We have some logo artwork already done. Just need better look and maybe a little better ad blocks. I'm just looking for a rough idea to see how much we need to budget.

H.

10 Feb 18, 2009 03:54

yea ask the professionals about it, on the other hand, i'd settle for a silver donation to b2 : P.. i'd do it for free though.. so, let me know what you would need and provide me some material and info you would like (like the media and the colors that's going to be used on the skin and tell me if you would need a fixed or fluid one, and where and how exactly that ad space would be) than i will sketch one out, if you like we will continue to finalize it, if not we'll just kill it on the half way or maybe i ll complete it to be a public skin..if you like it at the end you are free to donate to b2 as you wish, so it's a win-win situation unless it's very urgent, nothing will be wasted other than a few hours

Form is loading...