Recent Topics

1 Feb 10, 2009 13:21    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

The looin page comes up with these two messages unnstead of just doing the submit when you login and the use has to select the contune link to go to the page.

The link is here http://www.burningtaper.org/blogs/htsrv/login.php
Clcik on it your self and see - what i am talking about!

This makes know sence to me

here are the two messages:

The login window has expired. Please try again.

Note: You are already logged in as fshaw! Continue »

And then you have to take the actaion your self.

I want to change this where do I find the PHP script code to do that - file and and line number will jsut be fine?

TAHNKS

Frank H. Shaw

PS My eye sight is really bad due to some medication I have to take right now sorry about all the questions.

2 Feb 10, 2009 15:08

Frank please stop.

When *I* click that link it doesn't tell me I'm already logged in because I'm NOT logged in. Fer cryin out loud it KNOWS you are logged in. It's a cookie thing. WHY would you bother logging in again when you're already logged in?

File and line number my ass - just use the damned application and you'll eventually one day figure out everything you need is there. Your use of this program is nothing special okay? It's a freakin hobby club with some groups and some bloggers and different levels of permissions. DONE.

3 Feb 10, 2009 15:31

Sorry - Asling so many question eddey but I am dealing with a number of problelms - mainly my eye stights is bad right now and so everything I read I have dump in a editor increase the font and then read it.

So I hope by asking where things are so I can find the things is a big help.

Yes I can use a find utilty to find some things that is if a down load all the files open up every one looking for key words.

That would help but does not tell me if that is the correct string to search for so to make shure I would have to ask here any ways.

Yes as I get the information i need and question answered - my understand of the system will get stronger.

I have most of the question now addressed or asked and as I move forward things whould be a lot easyer.

Just be a little more paicent with me and I will get out of your hair.

THANKS For all the help

Frank H. Shaw

http://www.burningtaper.org/blogs/blog5.php

Look you will see i am getting it!

4 Feb 10, 2009 15:43

fshaw wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

The looin page comes up with these two messages unnstead of just doing the submit when you login and the use has to select the contune link to go to the page.

The link is here http://www.burningtaper.org/blogs/htsrv/login.php
Clcik on it your self and see - what i am talking about!

This makes know sence to me

here are the two messages:

The login window has expired. Please try again.

Note: You are already logged in as fshaw! Continue »

And then you have to take the actaion your self.

I want to change this where do I find the PHP script code to do that - file and and line number will jsut be fine?

TAHNKS

Frank H. Shaw

PS My eye sight is really bad due to some medication I have to take right now sorry about all the questions.

You bring up a imporant point you have to be logon to see the actual message - sorry about that. I can create a test user account to give you so you could see what i waa talking about.

But if you bring up a unchanged version of the system and login with your username and password - you will see what i am talking about - there might be a option in the system backend to set so that does not happen but in my version 2.x as it was installed this is the way it worked out of the boxs - please note: if it does happen on your system out of the boxs then it could be a issue with the fact i am running the system on a windows 2003 server and could be becasue of pathing - so i need to know that?

THANKS Again for all your help in this matter

Frank H. Shaw

5 Feb 10, 2009 15:48

My apologies for ranting on ya!

But Frank please. You're not getting it. You are trying to figure it out by looking at code. THAT is why you completely failed to simply register on your own blog for so long. You kept looking at code instead of actually looking at what the code does! THAT is why you keep asking for "file and line number".

Dude! Just use it. Ask a handful of your buds who you really trust ... and who trust you with code to test stuff with you. Give it a week or a month or whatever then get together and talk about the experiences your "sample users" have had.

You sound like you're really smart on code stuff. Cool, but you're not writing a multi-user multi-lingual multi-blog application. You want to use this boot-stompin ass-kickin no-mercy app because it seems like it might be what you need for your thing.

SO USE IT!!!

How many times did you link to "domain.com" for security reasons? FINALLY we see a link to your actual domain! Security can be handled, but it doesn't have to be done by "you and you alone". One day you will find my TuringTest plugin and say to yourself "oh crap not that guy" but you'll test it (please oh god please help this man learn to test things!) and you'll say "yeah this is cool". Cuz I been hacking into this stuff for a bit over 5 years now. I remember having to hack stuff that is *so obvious* now it'd make your head spin.

Please. Just use it for a while. Ask your good friends in your ... (lodge? order? club?) potential user group ... to help you build a cool thing. If they're your buds they'll hook you up right? Trust them. Here in the b2evolution forums trust me. Trust that guy who's name can not be typed. And Afwas. And sam2kb (who's got a heck of a lot more than 2 kilobytes going on). And tilqicom - a guy who's name still messes with me because my brain needs a U after every Q but I can learn yah?

Frank this blog tool is totally what you need. NOTHING is even close. But please: stop looking under the hood and just drive the sucker around the block. Runs good eh? Now take the son of a bitch out on the highway and open it up cuz this mother f ... yeah I'll stay cool here cuz this mother father is made for a hell of a lot of folk doing a hell of a lot of blogging under a hell of a lot of conditions.

Just use it is all. Stop poking around and use it.

6 Feb 10, 2009 16:08

EdB wrote:

My apologies for ranting on ya!

But Frank please. You're not getting it. You are trying to figure it out by looking at code. THAT is why you completely failed to simply register on your own blog for so long. You kept looking at code instead of actually looking at what the code does! THAT is why you keep asking for "file and line number".

Dude! Just use it. Ask a handful of your buds who you really trust ... and who trust you with code to test stuff with you. Give it a week or a month or whatever then get together and talk about the experiences your "sample users" have had.

You sound like you're really smart on code stuff. Cool, but you're not writing a multi-user multi-lingual multi-blog application. You want to use this boot-stompin ass-kickin no-mercy app because it seems like it might be what you need for your thing.

SO USE IT!!!

How many times did you link to "domain.com" for security reasons? FINALLY we see a link to your actual domain! Security can be handled, but it doesn't have to be done by "you and you alone". One day you will find my TuringTest plugin and say to yourself "oh crap not that guy" but you'll test it (please oh god please help this man learn to test things!) and you'll say "yeah this is cool". Cuz I been hacking into this stuff for a bit over 5 years now. I remember having to hack stuff that is *so obvious* now it'd make your head spin.

Please. Just use it for a while. Ask your good friends in your ... (lodge? order? club?) potential user group ... to help you build a cool thing. If they're your buds they'll hook you up right? Trust them. Here in the b2evolution forums trust me. Trust that guy who's name can not be typed. And Afwas. And sam2kb (who's got a heck of a lot more than 2 kilobytes going on). And tilqicom - a guy who's name still messes with me because my brain needs a U after every Q but I can learn yah?

Frank this blog tool is totally what you need. NOTHING is even close. But please: stop looking under the hood and just drive the sucker around the block. Runs good eh? Now take the son of a bitch out on the highway and open it up cuz this mother f ... yeah I'll stay cool here cuz this mother father is made for a hell of a lot of folk doing a hell of a lot of blogging under a hell of a lot of conditions.

Just use it is all. Stop poking around and use it.

That is what i have started to do and yes eddy the system is what i want and will do the job I wanted it for.

I have all ready set up all my users and user groups and now starting to set up the blog shells for my top level blogs and every thing looks great so far.

I will and im starting to line up my top level Authors and Masonic Authors to start wrinting the articals to seed the web pages and get this project off the ground.

And the only way to get the system twek is to use the site and you are right about all that you said - ans was my plan of action in the first place.

So that being said yes I am taking the sports car out and going to drive the hell out of it - i am just filling all the pot holes so my sports car does not land in one and end up crashing in to a tree or better yet a pile of quick sand waiting for the driver that lost his vision as he was driving down the road and end up in the quick sand {TRAP}.

That being said THANKS AGAIN

Frank H. Shaw

PS YOU SEE I DO LIKE TO WRITE BUT NOT VERY GOOD AT IT BAD SPELLING AND GRAMMER.

7 Feb 10, 2009 16:39

fshaw wrote:

But if you bring up a unchanged version of the system and login with your username and password - you will see what i am talking about

I have a "slightly" modified system, and when I hit my login page ( and I'm logged in ), I get this "Note: You are already logged in as yabba! Continue »"

I'm guessing this is an EBKAC error ;)

¥

8 Feb 10, 2009 17:57

I this case I was not login until I pressed the login button so I will have to fix that at some point - if I can figure out the file and line number

Beside that liitle bug or error I am otherwise ok on the login page for now.

What is a EBKAC error I do not know the short hand for that?

THANKS

Frank H, Shaw

9 Feb 10, 2009 18:02

Paste your url before login ( where you hit the link ) and after login ( once you hit the link and get that message ) ;)

Alternative is to set a unique instance name in /conf/_advanced.php ... urm, sorry, I can't recall the line number off hand, about half way down ;)

EBKAC is probably summat I should google, in case I have the direction wrong ;)

¥

Form is loading...