Recent Topics

1 Feb 13, 2009 20:54    

The Sorted Public bloglist Description:Amazing Discoveries - Sorted Public bloglist

I just downloaded and installed the plugin and every thing work just perfectly for what i want to do unitl I found out the following:

If i Leave the field blank the blog when display shows a bunch of errors.

So I need to have something in the item list.

Here is the field :

Plugin Settings

Avaiaiable Blogs 1, 2, 3 , 4

If the field is blank the then when the blog page is displayed the page shows all out of formant with errors.

What should I do if I put the id of the same blog as the one i am displaying.

What I think I would like is if the blog list {public} is only one then it would be better to show the words "Home" for the Blog list of no text at all either way would work.

The problem only occurs when the list has no values or ID 's listed in it - so if you only want to list its own self - and you have to if you can not leave it blank - then when you list the same page as the one you are looking at and only one item in the list I could change the logic to say name - but where would I have to go to make that change.

Please see point me in the right place - would I have to do it in the plugin or somewhere else.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

2 Feb 13, 2009 21:04

Hi Frank,

You can add a custom item to the blogroll. make it's name 'Home' and point to the mainpage.
The plugin is simply not meant for selecting no blog at all. Nevertheless I'll add a check at the next release.

Good luck

3 Feb 13, 2009 21:09

The fact the list is a comma delelnted list so leaving it blank could be a problem in its self so if one was to leave it with a 0 and there is now 0 as a id in the blogs. I could write some logic to trap that condition and create some logic at that point to handle that special condition.

But where would i do it in the plugin or in the rest of the product but where?

THANKS

Frank H, Shaw

4 Feb 13, 2009 21:13

Afwas wrote:

Hi Frank,

You can add a custom item to the blogroll. make it's name 'Home' and point to the mainpage.
The plugin is simply not meant for selecting no blog at all. Nevertheless I'll add a check at the next release.

Good luck

So how does this blogroll thing work so that can get around the problem?

Do I keep 11 in the list and then add some thing to the blogroll like "Home"?

or do i do something else

5 Feb 13, 2009 21:23

Does it show a line number at the error?
The plugin checks for blogs to exist. You probably only need to surpress error notices where the empty string is exploded to the array. Likely line 249 (/plugins/sorted_bloglist_plugin/_sorted_bloglist.plugin.php):

$sort_blogs = explode( ',', $sort_blogs);

To surpress the error notice, add a @ before the line.

6 Feb 13, 2009 21:28

fshaw wrote:

Afwas wrote:

Hi Frank,

Good luck

So how does this blogroll thing work so that can get around the problem?

Do I keep 11 in the list and then add some thing to the blogroll like "Home"?

or do i do something else

And when I show the page I still get the word blue Lodge and not the word Home is there something else I have to do?

here is the link of the actual blog look at the top you see it still says Blue Lodge.

http://www.burningtaper.org/blogs/index.php?blog=11

THANKS

Frank H, Shaw

7 Feb 13, 2009 21:30

Use the 'Freestyle extra links'
Use the 'Menu link' widget if you want a link to 'Home' instead of the 'Sorted Bloglist plugin'.

8 Feb 13, 2009 21:42

Afwas wrote:

Use the 'Freestyle extra links'
Use the 'Menu link' widget if you want a link to 'Home' instead of the 'Sorted Bloglist plugin'.

It still does not work so what can one do ?

You say to sue the Menu Link widget if you want home unstaed.

Does that mean I can not use the widget I am useing or I need to use both together?

What happens if i want the first one to say Home and the rest to be the other blogs if there are any that is.

Please expalin what you mean by the Use the 'Menu link' widget if you want a link to 'Home' instead of Blue Lodge by the Id.

Then what is the function pf blogroll?

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

9 Feb 13, 2009 22:06

The 'Home' link in your blog in the menubar is created by the 'Menu link' widget. You can use that. You can even use the 'Menu link' widget plus the Sorted Bloglist plugin' for what you want. The Sorted Bloglist plugin doesn't allow you to add links before the links to existing blogs, it can append links only. You can even try two 'Sorted Bloglist plugins'.

Good luck

10 Feb 13, 2009 22:24

Afwas wrote:

The 'Home' link in your blog in the menubar is created by the 'Menu link' widget. You can use that. You can even use the 'Menu link' widget plus the Sorted Bloglist plugin' for what you want. The Sorted Bloglist plugin doesn't allow you to add links before the links to existing blogs, it can append links only. You can even try two 'Sorted Bloglist plugins'.

Good luck

I am not taling about the Menu bar but only the Blog List at the top of the page.

Yes it is true I can use the Home underneter in the menu bar to navagate to the Home - I only brought up the whole thing when I relazied that I can not leave the list blank -

So you said use the blogroll and I treid it but do not know how the blogroll worked in the first place - but i tried it and nothing changed as far as i could see - so I even tried setting the check box where you told me to do and nothing happened either.

So I just do not understand I thight manybe i am mssing something but what?

TAHNKS

Frank H. Shaw

11 Feb 14, 2009 22:05

Ok I have put in the following:

The Sorted Public bloglist Description:Amazing Discoveries - Sorted Public bloglist

I just downloaded and installed the plugin and every thing work just perfectly for what i want to do unitl I found out the following:

If I Leave the field blank the blog when display shows a bunch of errors.

So I need to have something in the item list.

Here is the field :

Plugin Settings

Avaiaiable Blogs 1, 2, 3 , 4

If the field is blank the then when the blog page is displayed the page shows all out of formant with errors.

What should I do if I put the id of the same blog as the one i am displaying.

What I think I would like is if the blog list {public} is only one then it would be better to show the words "Home" for the Blog list of no text at all either way would work.

The problem only occurs when the list has no values or ID 's listed in it - so if you only want to list its own self - and you have to if you can not leave it blank - then when you list the same page as the one you are looking at and only one item in the list I could change the logic to say name - but where would I have to go to make that change.

Please see point me in the right place - would I have to do it in the plugin or somewhere else.

Ok in my case my blogs Ids start at 5 thorugh 11 but when I leave blank I get errors - when I put a 0 in I get errors but when i put a 1 in I do not get errors and I get the effect i wanted.

Now I removed the blogroll Home - and the check boxs check made it uncheck this is becaise non of that stuff worked for me at least not what i was trying to do that is and could not see any effect in that anyway - but that is for another day.

Ok so just leaving the value of 1 if there was ever a ID equal to 1 when the system first was installed i do not remember - but when it is a 1 I in the list.

Plugin Settings

Avaiaiable Blogs 1

And my public blogs are 5 through 11 the dam thing works no errors and no blog list showing - perfect for what i wanted.

Look here and you will see what ii am talking about.

http://www.burningtaper.org/blogs/index.php?blog=11

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

12 Feb 14, 2009 23:01

When I click on new topic it says something about a user needing special permisons to post here.

Please fix my account so that I can post here.

Why was I able to post before but not now.

Is it because I came from a link you gave me last time to post with and now I have to search for the link to post a new thread here - "I think not" so please fix this.

Or this thread here is going to get very long and unrealated topics going here.

13 Feb 14, 2009 23:02

Sorry, but only users granted special access can post topics in this forum.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

14 Feb 14, 2009 23:17

@ Frank

Enough with the multiple posts about something thats not related to the topic

If you have a problem, then get specific.
You say... "When I click on new topic it says something about a user needing special permisons to post here. "
I ask...

1. What forum are you trying to post a new topic in?

15 Feb 14, 2009 23:27

Plugin & Extensions

I want be setup so If i have any question about the plugin I have installed on my web site - I need to be able to ask the question!

Now I do not have a specific question right now in this fourm but i am sure i will in the future and what to be able to ask it.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

16 Feb 14, 2009 23:30

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=17969

fshaw you need to work with us. We have forums for everything you could need. Please use the correct forum. In "Plugins & Extensions" plugin authors will share a plugin. Plugin users will then add questions about issues they have with the plugin.

Plugin users, apparently, will not be able to add new topics about an existing plugin.

Another generally accepted and customary rule in forums: stay on topic!

Locking this thread.

17 Feb 14, 2009 23:32

Well, I see no reason why you can't post a New Topic in Plugins and Extension...

You posted this one.

I have no information that anything has changed about your posting permissions but I will check for you.

18 Feb 15, 2009 07:05

Just to clarify, I locked down the forums to cut down the signal to noise ratio.

For example, a swift search for "sorted bloglist" brings up this post [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14368&highlight=sorted+bloglist][2.4.0] [Widget] Sorted Bloglist widget[/url] which is the support thread where all these posts should have been made in the first place ;)

Using the support threads makes it easier for the authors and the users, win win huh? ;)

¥

Form is loading...