Recent Topics

1 Feb 14, 2009 03:40    

Fixed users allowed had been erased and dbname had been changed. ill make sure to change all passwords. thanks for your help guys

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

First of all, please forgive me. I know the answer is probably out there somewhere and i DID try to find it on my own but i just cant find it.

So im asking for your help !

Yesterday my blog was working just fine. Then this evening when i tried to take a quick look i got a error message (error message to follow)

Something thats troubling me is that i havent changed anything on my website/blog for months so its kinda strange that this would happen all of a sudden .. hack ???

I guess maybe i got hacked and someone changed somestuff in my b2evo control panel. Maybe he just changed the password wich the blog uses to connect to the database ?. If so can i go back and edit it ? if that is the problem at all....

Im desperate and i havent really messed with the "technical" stuff for months so im kinda lost here.

i would appreciate any help

thanks

here is the error message i get:

An unexpected error has occured!
If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!

Error establishing a database connection!

(Access denied for user 'rais1164'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

Are you sure you have typed the correct user/password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?

[b][/b]

2 Feb 14, 2009 03:52

My webhost is trying to help me and he found out that this is wrong

Access denied for user 'rais1164'@'localhost' using password: YES

is there a way i can change the username my blog is trying to use to connect to the database even if its been corrupted.

Again sorry, im not quite sure if the error is webhoster or blog related

3 Feb 14, 2009 03:57

Couple of thoughts.

Can you see your database and tables when you use phpmyadmin from your hosting account? Have you asked your host what they may have changed in the past few months? Do you have a backup of your database from way back then just in case you need to restore it? Have you used an FTP program to compare byte sizes of the files in your local copy of the /conf/ folder and the one on your server? You do have a local backup copy of your files right?

Also talk to your host about this. They're probably in the best position to help.

4 Feb 14, 2009 04:00

Goto the folder blogs, then conf
In the conf folder open _basic_config.php
That's the file that contains your database name, login, password etc.

5 Feb 14, 2009 04:03

EdB wrote:

Couple of thoughts.

Can you see your database and tables when you use phpmyadmin from your hosting account? Have you asked your host what they may have changed in the past few months? Do you have a backup of your database from way back then just in case you need to restore it? Have you used an FTP program to compare byte sizes of the files in your local copy of the /conf/ folder and the one on your server? You do have a local backup copy of your files right?

Also talk to your host about this. They're probably in the best position to help.

As soon as i noticed the problem i went to myphpadmin in my cpanel and took a look at my DB. Everything seems fines. Comments, post and everything is were its supposed to be. I also made a backup just in case but i didnt have any before. Mistake number 1: always have a back up of everything.

Goto the folder blogs, then conf
In the conf folder open _basic_config.php
That's the file that contains your database name, login, password etc.

thanks ill try that right ahead

6 Feb 14, 2009 04:13

Fixed! users allowed had been erased and dbname had been changed. ill make sure to change all passwords. thanks for your help guys

7 Nov 11, 2009 04:31

Hey there,
Glad I found this thread! I am have the exact same problem ... "yes" password error and everything. I am glad this was fixed but no one said exactly how to do it. I am a noob and need it spelled out for me. Any help would really be appreciated! I cannot access most of my site because of this.

Thanks in advance!

Form is loading...