Recent Topics

1 Feb 15, 2009 04:16    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I am comming up with a BAD GATEWAY ERROR MESSAGE. here below are the details how to find what i am doing to have this error come up when i double click on the word Send feedback in my skin evocamp on my test sample page.

I have gone through my evocamp skin in my sample blog page i created below is the url to my page to see what i am talking about here.

http://www.burningtaper.org/blogs/index.php?blog=11

Please look under the menu that says

Home Contact Log in

And above the text one would tyoe in to the templete is the authors name date and a couple of strange things.

Please explain the first on means :

And the second one when double click on the link comes up with a BAD GATEWAY ERROR MESSAGE.

Where do i find this code file and line number and how does one go about fix this url error - do i have make some change in the backend or is thsi something i fix in the code.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

2 Feb 15, 2009 04:48

OMG I am so freaking tired of this!

The first link is to the category your untitled post is in. All posts must be in a category. The post you have there with no title is in the default category that exists when you create a new blog. It is called "Uncategorized".

The second link allows visitors to provide feedback. Like a comment for example. It is standard operating procedure for any and all blog applications, and can be removed by selecting the appropriate settings in your back office ... or maybe when you write your post ... or by editing the appropriate file in your skin.

BOTH links give me a 502 error that is coming from your server.

You haven't even tried to use this have you? You've got 79 posts here in the support forums and you are just now noticing that your server is not capable of handling the URLs this software is creating for you. BTW the URLs the software creates is something else you can control with settings in your admin area. But since you refuse to simply try it and insist on poking in files you'll never see the forest for the trees.

fshaw let me speak from the heart here okay? Really, honestly, truthfully speak from my heart. Please. I'm am alcoholic. I will never hang out with my coworkers again after work because that happens at bars. I don't meet women because more often than not that happens at bars. I will *never* be normal again. My brain is irreparably broken. That simple fact of my life has caused me to try so very hard to be a much more understanding human being. With God as my witness I FREAKIN TRY! For that reason and only that reason I have tried so many times to help you with this software, but quite frankly I'm sick and tired of your nonsense. Use the god damned software okay? When you have a question ask it, but holy crap ASK A CLEAR QUESTION! 79 damned posts and you don't know what a category is and just now noticed no one could ever give you feedback because your server can't handle it? Dude this is great software. YOU have to learn it. IT does not have to learn you. And WE do not have to endure your learning curve.

Delete your installation and start over. Next time tell it to install the sample blogs and posts, and read them. There is a lot of good information in the sample posts. Plus by asking yourself "how did those words get there" then looking around until you resolve the question you will learn so much more. I've no doubt in my mind that you will ignore this, but dammit man I am completely fed up with this nonsense.

3 Feb 15, 2009 07:10

[ot]
fshaw wrote:

And the second one when double click on the link comes up with a BAD GATEWAY ERROR MESSAGE.

You only need to single click links. Imagine all the energy you can save now :D

¥
[/ot]

4 Feb 15, 2009 17:28

¥åßßå wrote:

[ot]
fshaw wrote:

You only need to single click links. Imagine all the energy you can save now :D

¥
[/ot]

Ok you are right about the single click - that is not the problem -- you did not answer the question I ask i ment to say single ckick.

and i do still get the ERROR Meassege Please explain why and how to fix this so that it is a correct link to a vaild url - but to have this happen I have to know where in the code line number and file to make the change - If that is what has to happen that is.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

5 Feb 15, 2009 17:33

fshaw wrote:

Ok you are right about the single click - that is not the problem -- you did not answer the question I ask i ment to say single ckick.

Oops, i appear to have been accidentally obtuse, my apology's. [ot] means "off topic", as in "this has nothing to do with your current problem and is not an answer in any way shape or form".

EdB's post on the other hand definitely holds more than one clue, and the complete answer ;)

¥

6 Feb 15, 2009 17:40

EdB wrote:

OMG I am so freaking tired of this!

The first link is to the category your untitled post is in. All posts must be in a category. The post you have there with no title is in the default category that exists when you create a new blog. It is called "Uncategorized".

The second link allows visitors to provide feedback. Like a comment for example. It is standard operating procedure for any and all blog applications, and can be removed by selecting the appropriate settings in your back office ... or maybe when you write your post ... or by editing the appropriate file in your skin.

BOTH links give me a 502 error that is coming from your server.

You haven't even tried to use this have you? You've got 79 posts here in the support forums and you are just now noticing that your server is not capable of handling the URLs this software is creating for you. BTW the URLs the software creates is something else you can control with settings in your admin area. But since you refuse to simply try it and insist on poking in files you'll never see the forest for the trees.

fshaw let me speak from the heart here okay? Really, honestly, truthfully speak from my heart. Please. I'm am alcoholic. I will never hang out with my coworkers again after work because that happens at bars. I don't meet women because more often than not that happens at bars. I will *never* be normal again. My brain is irreparably broken. That simple fact of my life has caused me to try so very hard to be a much more understanding human being. With God as my witness I FREAKIN TRY! For that reason and only that reason I have tried so many times to help you with this software, but quite frankly I'm sick and tired of your nonsense. Use the god damned software okay? When you have a question ask it, but holy crap ASK A CLEAR QUESTION! 79 damned posts and you don't know what a category is and just now noticed no one could ever give you feedback because your server can't handle it? Dude this is great software. YOU have to learn it. IT does not have to learn you. And WE do not have to endure your learning curve.

Delete your installation and start over. Next time tell it to install the sample blogs and posts, and read them. There is a lot of good information in the sample posts. Plus by asking yourself "how did those words get there" then looking around until you resolve the question you will learn so much more. I've no doubt in my mind that you will ignore this, but dammit man I am completely fed up with this nonsense.

I am doing the very best - And yes i am not formial with your product - I am sure as well know my way around software - I know I have been asking a lot of question which haooens to be the way i kind work as far as going over the things and let the world know what i am doing and kind in the process get to understand how things work as far is your product or whos every the product is.

I find by far the product can do what i want in all cases - but there is some confusion on my part as what is avaible to cahnge in the backend and what has to be changeed in the code or scripts them selfs.

I hope I have not been to much of a burden asking the question I have asked - I hope that in a very short time I will be done asking the questions and will at some put - have enough knowelge of the product my self I can give back some of what has been given to me in help others - but i am a new bee to your product not a new bee to software or web site design - but yes this product and open system I am a new bee to.

THANKS

Farnk H. Shaw

7 Feb 15, 2009 17:47

fshaw wrote:

I am doing the very best - And yes i am not formial with your product - I am sure as well know my way around software - I know I have been asking a lot of question which haooens to be the way i kind work as far as going over the things and let the world know what i am doing and kind in the process get to understand how things work as far is your product or whos every the product is.

A huge step forward would be realising that "but to have this happen I have to know where in the code line number and file to make the change" is completely the wrong question.

A step forward that dwarfs all previously considered steps would be realising that EdB has just given you the best help that anyone could ask for ;)

To answer your immediate question, your server can't ( natively ) support clean urls, you probably want to play with admin > blog settings > [blog] > urls ... for each blog you have.

¥

8 Feb 15, 2009 17:51

¥åßßå wrote:

fshaw wrote:

A huge step forward would be realising that "but to have this happen I have to know where in the code line number and file to make the change" is completely the wrong question.

A step forward that dwarfs all previously considered steps would be realising that EdB has just given you the best help that anyone could ask for ;)

To answer your immediate question, your server can't ( natively ) support clean urls, you probably want to play with admin > blog settings > [blog] > urls ... for each blog you have.

¥

Please explain what a clean url is - I come from a windows server enviroment and pathing differnece can be a problem from the two enviromants - I find that installs can lead to some instalation diffeculitys but I have a very wise and knowegle person that is very good at installing packages on my server.

Once I understand what it is your refering to in the clean url and what makes one clean and why mine server does not suppot it i can tell for sure if it does or not and if it needs a configration to supprt it.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

9 Feb 15, 2009 17:52

That's gotta be your shortest reply ever :D

¥

10 Feb 15, 2009 18:27

Short answer : You can't have clean urls on windows. change everything to use id's

long answer ;
re-read eugene's post ;)

¥

11 Feb 15, 2009 19:58

¥åßßå wrote:

Short answer : You can't have clean urls on windows. change everything to use id's

long answer ;
re-read eugene's post ;)

¥

Ok so you mean to use the get option on the url link and not the link in the blog.

Well if you read my orginal post on this thread you would realize that to one bad link that i descued in my post was the Feedback link - now if I was knowgeable to the place in the system so that I could fix the bad link - or if this is handled by the backend unstaed I need to be told where and how to set it up right - if it is beacause it is a direct link in the skin templete evocamp just tell me the file and line number where the link can be changed - and if in the system its self teh same question ask as before.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

PS As far as I can see the link in this post is the only place in this blog that produced a error of any type when selected and I have gone through all the places i could find with a fine tooth comb.

Form is loading...