Recent Topics

1 Feb 19, 2009 20:28    

I'm thinking there is already an easy way for me to get the installation's current time (instead of server time or universal time) for a function to use in the hacks.php file. Am I right? Oh and as a followup: can you tell me how I would do it?

2 Feb 21, 2009 10:06

I knew it'd be easy if I waited until something else impossible came along and I let myself stumble into the obvious!

$localtimenow is (drum roll, please) the local time now. So a wee bit 'o globallyness and I can play with the local time no matter where I am. That's cool!

Next up is the difficulty in managing the head section of the delivered product. It is in a bodaciously sloppy order and too many things get to mess with too many things. Ah well. With great power comes great flexibility ... and a hell of a mess.

3 Feb 21, 2009 19:33

This may be a dumb question, but is there somewhere that I can refer to to see a list of all the variable available in b2e? Even a 'most commonly used' list would do

4 Feb 22, 2009 07:03

You could make your hack a plugin ;)

function BeforeBlogDisplay(){
ob_start();
}

function SkinEndHtmlBody()
{
	$foo = ob_get_clean();

$foo = preg_replace( '~<link rel="(stylesheet|alternate)".+?/>~is', '', $foo );
	$foo = preg_replace( '~<style(.+?)?>.+?</style>~is', '', $foo );
	$foo = preg_replace( '~style=("|\').+?\1(\s|>)~is', '', $foo );
	echo $foo;
}

¥

5 Feb 23, 2009 00:18

Cool! For this year I'm way too far behind on way too many bits to clean up a functional hack, but next year it would be MUCH better to make this be a [url=http://naked.dustindiaz.com/]CSS Naked Day[/url] plugin so an update could have the new date in it.

Marked as "watch" so that I don't forget when I have time to try to learn about ob_get_kenobi()

Form is loading...