Recent Topics

1 Feb 19, 2009 23:27    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Okay this has me stumped, and sorry but I gotta leave out the URLs because one of them is simply a testing ground.

First off, http://ahga.org is powered by b2evolution. I have three installations on that server: the primary, another one for a contest thingie, and a third for a sandbox for the contest thingie.

Both ahga.org/contest/admin.php and ahga.org/sandbox/admin.php work just fine.

But when I exit out of the admin side the contest installation can't resolve the page. In other words ahga.org/contest/index.php gives me b2evolution's 404 page BUT the sandbox version works just fine. The contest one will work if I add ?blog=1 to the URL by the way.

I've gone through the settings repeatedly and nothing is different. Heck to MAKE the settings in the sandbox I export the database from 'contest' and import it into 'sandbox' so I already knew the settings were identical. Yet one can't resolve and the other can.

Help?

Oh I'll start shotgunning files ;)

2 Feb 20, 2009 01:52

Okay this makes no sense but I can duplicate it so I can probably find a workaround.

I added a third "blog" that was going to have an Absolute URL of the parent level. The idea was that from the contest you could get back to the domain's root level. THAT kills b2evolution's ability to resolve a URL without blog=N in it.

If I ever find time I'll do a couple of completely raw installations to see if it is something about a hack of mine or if it is actually a bug.

3 Feb 20, 2009 01:54

Well I'll be darned.

When the installation at domain.com/folder/ has a blog with an absolute URL of domain.com/ it breaks. Changing the absolute URL to domain.com/index.php works. Kinda crazy but there you go.

Form is loading...