Recent Topics

1 Feb 27, 2009 22:48    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.2

Hello,

I have a couple of fixed pages (e.g. http://www.chaoszone.de/blog/index.php?disp=faq) and I would like to modify the normal title (this one with the blue backgound on my page) for these pages only... but as far as I understood the code, it's implemented in the <head> of the _main.php, thus it's not possible e.g. to add this in a modified version in the _faq.php (I've tried). Is there another solution?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Daniel

2 Feb 27, 2009 23:37

Try this, not saying it will work but it might...
open the file _html_header.inc.php for that skin
Somewhere before the </head> tag add..

<?php if( $disp == 'faq' ) { ?>
	 <style type="text/css">
	      .bText h1{color:red;}
	</style>
      <?php } ?>

Style that css as you wish and see what happens ?

I think this is an old tip from some blonde called Yabba

3 Feb 27, 2009 23:39

Oops, didn't see your version... but just add it to the _main.php file

4 Feb 28, 2009 09:47

Hey John... in general the code works - at least as proposed on e.g. h1 headlies...

But I like to modify something in the

<title><?php
		$Blog->disp('name', 'htmlhead');
		request_title( ' - ', '', ' - ', 'htmlhead' );
	?></title>

or at least I think this is the correct part...

I want to modify the title of the page in the FF/IE tilte line, the very top one of the windows, and ([u]more important[/u]) the titles displayed on my repective page... when you would hava a look at my page... there where "ChaosZone Weblog" is at the moment, the line with blue background... I think this is the <h1 id="pageTitle"> but within <div class="pageHeader">

I hope you can get my idea... and perhaps a asolution? ;)

Thanks in advance (again)

Daniel

5 Feb 28, 2009 09:55

Same basic principals will apply, meaning something like this is what you're after:

<title>Does anybody know what time it is?</title>
<?php } else { ?>
... all the original existing stuff that you noted that makes the title tag now
<?php } ?>

More or less. More if it isn't enough, less if it is too much ;)

EDIT: that will fix what's in the very top of the browser window, but not the 'blue bar' bit. Somehow your hackage that makes disp=faq be valid is pointing back to the FAQ page instead of the blog's home page. Given that I've no idea how you made that happen it'll be hard to find a cure eh? Also the styling CAN be modified with what John said (inside the conditional bit about if disp==faq), but really you should upgrade. 1.9.2 is, like, obsolete.

6 Feb 28, 2009 10:02

Thanks EdB, have now found the solution for me in parallel:

...has to be used after the </head> in the <div class="pageHeader">

<h1 id="pageTitle"><a href="http://www.chaoszone.de/blog/index.php?disp=faq">ChaosZone FAQ</a></h1>
<?php } else { ?>
<h1 id="pageTitle"><a href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'url', 'raw' ) ?>"><?php $Blog->disp( 'name', 'htmlbody' ) ?></a></h1>
<?php } ?>

But anyway, thanks for all your help.

Daniel

7 Feb 28, 2009 10:05

See my edit ;)

Your FAQ is perpetually stuck on FAQ unless a visitor figures out the title takes you to exactly where you are.

8 Feb 28, 2009 11:22

Thanks EdB, i've changed the link for the headline to my mainpage. The rest works now as intended...

Concerning a b2evo upgrade... you might be correct, especially with some of the nice new features... but I've hacked so many small parts of my page... I don't want to do it all again, especially because I'm not sure, where I modified everywhere... and for now, everything works fine, even with v1.9.2 ;)

Greetings,
Daniel

Form is loading...