Recent Topics

1 Mar 07, 2009 13:29    

My b2evolution Version: 1.8.x

I have an HTACCESS file on my main site that controls who can log onto the site. This is evidently keeping my blog from working. With the file active, I can't see the blog and when I click on anything to get me to the Backoffice, it just takes me to my main web page. If I disable the file, I can see the blog and everything works fine. What permissions need to be set or are not working right? MY site is HTTPS and I need that HTACCESS file working. Please help!

2 Mar 07, 2009 14:32

I'm terribly sorry, due to the rain my crystal ball's a tad on the cloudy side. Could you possibly paste the contents of your htaccess as it looks like this weather's here for a while yet

¥

3 Mar 07, 2009 18:53

Below are contents. It also has all my users and password for the site

AuthType basic
AuthName "Secured area"
AuthUserFile /hsphere/local/home/semposki/.htmaster/.ok_user
Require valid-user
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !443
RewriteRule (.*) https://semposki.com/ [R]

#AuthType basic
#AuthName "semposki.com"
#AuthUserFile /hsphere/local/home/semposki/semposki.com/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
#AuthGroupFile /hsphere/local/home/semposki/semposki.com/_vti_pvt/service.grp
#Require valid-user
# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all

order deny,allow
deny from all

4 Mar 08, 2009 15:59

Is your $baseurl ( in conf/_basic_config.php ) set to https ( and possibly ++ your required port ) ?

¥

5 Mar 08, 2009 16:36

That worked. Thanks

6 Mar 08, 2009 16:51

Ok now I have a blog page, customized and everything, but there is no link or button to add a post??? Am I just stupid today or what am I missing???

7 Mar 08, 2009 17:44

It's still raining :(

Could you possibly enlighten us as to the pages you're not seeing the expected buttons on ?

¥

8 Mar 08, 2009 21:24

The main page of the actual blog has a link to post comments about each test post that came with the system, but there is no link or button to actually post new to the blog.

9 Mar 09, 2009 14:27

You make posts in admin, so look for a link that says "admin".

If you were using the latest version ( 2.5.6 or summat ) then there's a handy toolbar at the top of the skin when you're logged in.

¥

11 Mar 09, 2009 19:28

If you're really running 1.8.x, and you've just started, then I strongly advise you to start again with 2.x, it'll make upgrading to 3.x ( when it's stable ) a far simpler task ;)

¥

Form is loading...