Recent Topics

1 Mar 13, 2009 06:12    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

HELP
I am new to B2EVO
I installed the latest and stable version.
Lots of problems.
1) I can see the blog page, and created users to see if it works, the problem is that the users can't leave comments, feddbacks, nothing ....
2) It seems that the pages that the blog is referring to are non-existant !!!
3) the documentations that you guys have online are insufficient.
4) what is a static page, how to create one, why is it useful?
5) the lingo is new to me, i would appreciate a link to a comprehensive document.
6) i went to the bookstore and they have nothing on b2evo, lots of books on Wordpress, bt nothing on this, on how to set it up.
PLEASE HELP
Thanks,

2 Mar 13, 2009 13:12

Hi michael. Welcome to the forums.

1. Your post title sucks. It says absolutely nothing about what you need.

2. Ask A question and you'll probably get an answer. Write a laundry list and you probably won't.

3. http://forums.b2evolution.net/search.php is your friend. Most of what you want to understand has been covered repeatedly.

4. If you don't like the documentation you can (a) take the time to learn and (b) add to the open source effort.

alternatively:
1: probably a problem on your server and it's probably been covered a hundred times already. SEARCH!
2: if the pages the blog is refering to are non-existent how can you see the blog page?
3: insufficient for an idiot who doesn't want to put even the slightest effort into learning perhaps, and also something you can take the time to correct instead of criticize.
4: covered a hundred times already. SEARCH!
5: perhaps searching for some answers on your own would familiarize you with the lingo?
6: wordpress sucks. search the forums for information. put some effort into your questions and people here will put some effort into our answers.

3 Mar 15, 2009 02:09

Ed,

Thanks for your reply.

Here's the blog address
http://economics.sdamerican.com/blogs

For now two problems:
1) I created a test user and the test user can't post a feedback.
2) every time i click on the feedback or post, it has no pages to go to, i.e., error.
3) What is a static page? what is it useful for?
4) The user levels 0 to 10. What is the difference between the levels. couldn't find anything on that.

Thanks

Form is loading...