Recent Topics

1 Mar 13, 2009 07:44    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I still am not knowledgeable or comfortable with the source page of any of this. I know basic html pretty well, but I'm a "read step 1" n00b at CSS and don't have a clue about php.

I have several blogs for different things and I'd like to have individualized links for each blog. For example, I want to have book related links on my book review blog and food related links for my recipe blog.

When I fill out the form to add a widget to the second sidebar on my book review blog, it connects to the entire linkblog. Is there a way to connect only to a specific post in the linkblog? Do I need to make separate linkblogs (I hope not) to have individualized widgets?

Also, I don't know what the last two fields in creating the widget are about. What, if anything, do I put here?:

CSS Class: Replaces $wi_class$ in your skins containers.
DOM ID: Replaces $wi_ID$ in your skins containers.

TIA,
~Faith

2 Mar 13, 2009 13:22

Sounds like what you will want to do is have a separate linkblog for each blog. Then when you install the linkblog widget tell it which other blog you want to use. So like blog 1 uses blog 12 as a linkblog, blogs 2 and 3 both use blog 14 ... and so on.

$wi_class$ and $wi_ID$ are simply ways for you to add custom styles to the widgets. So lets say for example you want your linkblog to have red text but your sidebar has black text. You replace $wi_class$ with "redtext" (no quote marks) then add the appropriate declaration to your skin's style sheet. That'd be style.css and would look something like this:

.redtext {
color: red;
}

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I don't use that feature very often so I have to sort of guess my way through when I do. But I'm pretty sure that's the way it works.

3 Mar 14, 2009 08:23

Thanks! That's what I've done, now.

Form is loading...