Recent Topics

1 Mar 12, 2009 21:53    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Today I asked for Google for an account for Adsense at my blog http://dialoge.info/b2/. After only two hours I got a negative response. Reason: difficult website navigation. Woww. Ok. I can live without Google adsense.

2 Mar 12, 2009 22:14

Well, this is the first thing I get when I visit your site from this forum....

403 Forbidden
Please stop referer spam.

We have identified that you have been refered here by a known or supposed spammer.

If you feel this is an error, please bypass this message and leave us a comment about the error. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are actually doing referer spam, please note that this website/b2evolution no longer records and publishes referers. Not even legitimate ones! While we understand it was fun for you guys while it lasted, please understand our servers cannot take the load of all this cumulated spam any longer... Thank you.

Also, please note that comment/trackback submitted URLs will be tagged with rel="nofollow" in order to be ignored by search engines.

Now maybe there's an issue with your site and this forum, or maybe there's an issue with your site.
If Google got that message they would have have closed the gate in a flash..
Google ads are served on heaps of b2 sites...

And yes, you can live a happy life without google ads :)

3 Mar 12, 2009 22:57

Hmm

http://dialoge.info/b2 works correct. But there is a / set at the end automatically. No idea wher eit comes from. will check it.

4 Mar 12, 2009 23:54

Hi ralfh. I'm getting a "forbidden" from both versions of the link. So for some reason your antispam list has a keyword that is blocking visitors from these forums.

5 Mar 13, 2009 00:11

Thanks, found the problem and think I could solve it. Worked hours before at the page and never saw the 403-page.

6 Mar 13, 2009 05:33

Try to temporarily removed the links going to your other blogs.

The employee who reviewed your blog might have been confused and assumed your blog is like any other blog similar to "WordPress" (which is typical, WP is over-hyped).

What they don't understand is that a b2evolution blog is a "multi-blog" system. Each blog is technically independent from each other.

Whoever that was, he was confused because when he clicked your other blogs, everything changed - example the Categories are different, these may have the same "name", but they can not find your other posts under a similar category-name. (Which is part of another blog :p and which they do not understand.)

OR, if you have another site that's been up for a long time and have good content, use that as an application. Once you are in, you can add AdSense to any of your site as long as it qualifies their ToA/ToS.

"Confusing navigation" is based on the reviewer, it is relative. That's the problem with "manual" approvals, each person judges differently because we all have different interpretations, in this case, "what constitute a 'confusing navigation'?"

And wth, I've been to sites that are seriously very confusing, I can't even find that contact form unless I dig and click links, but they're running AdSense. (I even see sites running more than 3 adsense per page, which is against the ToS/ToA.)

Finally, yes, there are many b2evo running AdSense, and yes you can live w/o Google AdSense - there are many other similar services.. others actually earn more from AdSense's competitors ;)

7 Mar 13, 2009 08:40

Thanks for your helpful information and tips

Form is loading...