Recent Topics

1 Mar 14, 2009 15:32    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello everyone,

I have two questions:

1. Im in the process of customising one of your Pixel Green skins (www.ahotbath.com) and all going well bar the date stamp at the bottom of each post. Currently in format - 31/03/08.
I would like to change this to format - Mar 3, 2009 . Is this possible?

2. I had an Internal server error page come up (was a problem with my .htaccess) which suggested a server administrators email. Where do I set the correct "server administrators email". Also, I have customised html error pages which didnt kick in in this case. Any way I can fix this?

Any help appreciated :).

2 Mar 14, 2009 16:53

Hi Gigabob and welcome to the forums.

To change the date format you need to open the file index.main.php in your skin folder.

Look for something similar to this:

$Item->issue_date( array(
	'before'    => '<strong>Published:</strong> ',
	'after'     => '<br />',
	'date_format' => 'jS F Y',
	));

For me it starts on line 142. Different skins will vary though.

The string which in the example above reads 'jS F Y' is the date format and will vary. Any [url=http://uk.php.net/date]valid PHP date format[/url] will work. If you're not familiar with these then they are sods to work out. So [url=http://www.b2ben.com/php/phpdate.php]here is a very handy tool to help you[/url].

I'll get back to you on the admin email.

3 Mar 14, 2009 17:09

500 pages and other server errors are generated (usually) by Apache directly and not B2evo. So assuming you have control of your Apache installation and can create your own htaccess file you should be able to set the email there.

Try putting this in your .htaccess file

ServerAdmin you@yourdomain.com

And if that doesn't show up everywhere you want it, try adding these lines too:

ServerSignature EMail
SetEnv SERVER_ADMIN you@yourdomain.com

As for your final query, I'm guessing your custom error pages are also htaccess controlled, and that might be where the problem lies, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

4 Mar 15, 2009 00:08

Fithio, thank you.

Date is sorted, great little tool :).

Ill look into the apache thing. A bit over my head but theres always a way. Yes, error pages are controlled by my .htaccess. They're working for "page not found" etc but not the 500. Will get in touch with my hosts. Thanks again.

5 Mar 15, 2009 03:44

Again with the Error 500 admin email...are you talking about adding this to my usual .htaccess? This code...

ServerAdmin you@yourdomain.com

...causes an Error 500, still with incorrect admin email. Im thinking I have misunderstood.

6 Mar 15, 2009 12:47

Yes, it should work if your .htaccess is working. Try adding the second two lines I suggested as well.

Are you able to generate 500 errors whenever you need them? That's a bit worrying!

If it still doesn't work, please post a full copy of your .htaccess and tell us which folder you keep it in.

7 Mar 15, 2009 13:10

Hi again.

Still get the 500 with the second two lines added (but not with the second two on their own). Definitely not working. Also still have all of my custom error pages working bar the 500.

Am generating the 500 error just by adding back the line to my .htaccess which generated the error in the beginning :).

Ok, heres my .htaccess, is in the root folder:

ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
ErrorDocument 400 /400.html
ErrorDocument 401 /401.html
ErrorDocument 403 /403.html
ErrorDocument 500 /500.html

<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\..* [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301]

# PHP SECURITY:
# this will make register globals off in the evo directory
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
	php_flag register_globals off
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
	php_flag register_globals off
</IfModule>

Perhaps worth noting that the site Im having trouble with is an addon. The primary domain has this .htaccess also in its root (which I believe can affect its addons):

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\..* [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301]

ErrorDocument 404 /404.html

ErrorDocument 401 /401.html

ErrorDocument 403 /403.html

Options -Indexes

<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

Error spotting welcome :). Ive recently changed hosts and am new to having addon domains so I dont suppose a few dramas is any great surprise. Thanks again.

8 Mar 15, 2009 14:46

in your addon domains .htaccess, try changing it to this ( where [folder] is your addon domain folder in your main domain )

ErrorDocument 404 /[folder]/404.html
ErrorDocument 400 /[folder]/400.html
ErrorDocument 401 /[folder]/401.html
ErrorDocument 403 /[folder]/403.html
ErrorDocument 500 /[folder]/500.html

¥

9 Mar 15, 2009 15:01

Hi YaBBa. No luck. Wiped out all of my custom error pages.

Form is loading...