Recent Topics

1 Mar 16, 2009 16:00    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Is there a way to disable comments blog-wide without disabling "trackbacks"?

If there isn't, then I would like to suggest to split-up the setting of "comments" and "trackbacks"? There is only one reason I can think of - for blog owners who are using third-party comment system like DISQUS, IntenseDebate, or JS-KIT.

Currently, when the Comments are disabled via "Blog Settings -> Features", the trackbacks are disabled as well. Which is understandable because there are no third-party comment system available before 2007 that is worth using.

^_^

For now, temporarily, maybe a hack?

Thanks!!

2 Mar 17, 2009 00:06

Why not just hack out the comment form? Also change the func that gets either 'comments' or 'trackbacks' or 'feedbacks' as the param that matters to 'trackbacks' so that the text bits don't mention comments?

Probably a bit more hacking than that to get it really groovy, but yeah just dump the form and you won't get comments.

3 Mar 18, 2009 10:31

EdB wrote:

Why not just hack out the comment form? Also change the func that gets either 'comments' or 'trackbacks' or 'feedbacks' as the param that matters to 'trackbacks' so that the text bits don't mention comments?

Probably a bit more hacking than that to get it really groovy, but yeah just dump the form and you won't get comments.

It would work, however, for some reason, the spam bots are aware of the comment form even though it isn't part of the skin. I'm thinking of just changing the DB and change all of existing posts to "Disabled" flag and manually select "disabled" per new posts.

But that works for, well, people who are comfortable getting their hands dirty. Long-term wise, who knows? :D

4 Mar 18, 2009 18:09

/htsrv/comment_post.php

<!-- this comment is only here to show you that there's bugger all here -->

;)

¥

Form is loading...