Recent Topics

1 Mar 19, 2009 05:23    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

For some strange reason (possibly malicious) i can't log into my b2evo blog anymore. I am confident username and password are correct, but i cant log on. Trying to use the "send mail" by username/e-mail address fails too. I could throw bombs! Anything else I can do? I worked hard on that blog, dont want to scrap it...

3 Mar 19, 2009 11:34

Thanks to your quick help I got the problem fixed without fuzz! Another ood experience with b2evo! :D

4 May 14, 2009 23:21

When I first installed b2evolution, my web host's Fantastico Deluxe installed 2.4.1. Just this week the host upgraded to 2.4.5 (why not 2.4.6 I don't know...) and so I used fantastico deluxe to upgrade my installation.

After the upgrade, my admin password quit working. I can get a new password emailed to me from the login screen, but when I log in with it and change the password, it doesn't work when trying to log in at http:.../admin.php.

I tried the hack found in the above post, but it didn't work.

So, unless someone can point me to a way to fix it, I will either have to uninstall/reinstall or roll back to 2.4.1. Thankfully, I did save the rollback info provided by fantastico. Also, thankfully, the blog is so new that there won't be too much lost if I must reinstall.

BTW, my host doesn't have phpMyAdmin. I already found the post about using that.

help?

Marv

5 May 15, 2009 06:24

I'm not sure I'm following the problem. You told it you lost the password so it sent you a link, and you reset your password. Then it won't let you log in, but the link lets you in long enough to reset your password. So why use the "cabbage patch" (hey that's funny!)?

"http:.../admin.php" means what? Is your installation giving you a link missing everything, or are you removing domain name and path stuff. In other words you are just trying to log in to the normal login place.

Any other weird things happening? Like for example does the front side of the blog work completely and perfectly and everything is right? Specifically, is there any chance that there is now an extra slash in your URL? Do your permalinks take you to the permalink page? Anything at all "not right" when just visiting your web? I used fantastico to upgrade an installation once or twice so I'm not all that hip to what it might do wrong going from 241 to 245, but once upon a time it added an extra / to the end of the $baseurl value is the thing.

Oh and hey welcome to the forums :)

6 May 15, 2009 06:53

The ""http:.../admin.php" thing is the URL that was used when I wanted to log into the backoffice. It worked fine on 2.4.1, but the upgrade to 2.4.5 somehow broke it.

I found that by going to the blog itself and clicking on the "login" link brought up a login form different than the one in 2.4.1; it now has TWO login buttons - one for the backoffice, and one that logs you into the frontend. Both buttons work - so maybe there was a change in how to log in between 2.4.1 and 2.4.5. At any rate, I can log in to the backoffice that way, but not the way I did with 2.4.1. So problem solved...

Thank you for the reply, and also for welcoming me to the blog.

My blog is a Christian-oriented blog - quite naturally, since I am a missionary to the Navajo. It's at diyiinbi.com/blog. (The web page at diyiinbi.com is still under construction. All you will see there right now is the start of a joomla-created business site.)

7 May 16, 2009 03:27

Type the following in address bar to reset the password
Code:
YOUR_BLOG/index.php?reset_admin_pass

The solution noted above is not working for me. Do you have any other suggestions? Please.

*link removed to protect the user*
sam2kb

Form is loading...