Recent Topics

1 Apr 09, 2009 10:26    

My b2evolution Version: 2.0

I have done about as much as I can with my blog, I simply don't know enough and don't have the time to really get my blog where I want it to be. Does anyone know any good companies that offer customization services for B2E blogs? I need a total revamp and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions of companies that you have used or know of.
Thanks!

3 Apr 26, 2009 20:01

WOW this is depressing. I have been looking for someone to redesign my blog for months now and I can't find ANYONE that can do a B2E blog. The resources available through this forum are either overseas or don't appear to be that professional. When their sites look like c$%p how am I suppose to expect them to do a good job on mine?

Isn't there anyone out there that can create a professional looking site using B2E?

4 Apr 26, 2009 20:23

Damn, I hope I live overseas :P

¥

5 Apr 26, 2009 20:34

onmillertime wrote:

WOW this is depressing. I have been looking for someone to redesign my blog for months now and I can't find ANYONE that can do a B2E blog. The resources available through this forum are either overseas or don't appear to be that professional. When their sites look like c$%p how am I suppose to expect them to do a good job on mine?

Isn't there anyone out there that can create a professional looking site using B2E?

well, the fact their websites look like crap it doesnt mean they will do a crappy job for you, besides the idea of expecting to find a designer experienced with b2 in your neighborhood is a bit cold ;)

edit: oh, boy 8| i ve never took a look at them one by one, no offense there but really some of them look really crap, very html-ish and rather ugly, lol.

6 Apr 26, 2009 20:50

well, the fact their websites look like crap it doesnt mean they will do a crappy job for you, besides the idea of expecting to find a designer experienced with b2 in your neighborhood is a bit cold

edit: oh, boy i ve never took a look at them one by one, no offense there but really some of them look really crap, very html-ish and rather ugly, lol.

Yea I looked at all of them, and I just did not see anything that wow'd me. I did see one and I submitted a request for info, but it was in UK so I am no thrilled about that. I live in the states, so yes I would prefer to use sources that are located inside the US. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

To me websites are ALL about asthetics, if it doesn't look good you don't look good. If you are selling your services to build websites, YOUR website better look the best of all....in my opinion anyways! Most didn't even have any samples of their work.

I am not trying to upset anyone, I am just trying to find a B2E guru to help me improve my site!

Blonde Bimbo, which one was yours...did I miss a good one?

7 Apr 26, 2009 21:09

That'd be us :D

I haven't had chance to catch up with Scott yet about it, but will reply to your email shortly ;)

¥

8 Apr 26, 2009 21:10

onmillertime wrote:

Blonde Bimbo, which one was yours...did I miss a good one?

AstonishMe is ours ;)

¥

9 Apr 26, 2009 22:16

onmillertime wrote:

I am not trying to upset anyone, I am just trying to find a B2E guru to help me improve my site!

You realize you haven't linked your site here, so no one has any idea what the starting point would be right? You also didn't state WHAT you want other than vague crap about "where you want it to be" (which probably means something that gets traffic and makes you money without any effort on your part) and "it's ALL about aesthetics" (which you spelled wrong and is a completely subjective aspect).

Yup. You're an American. :lol:

10 Apr 27, 2009 01:08

Im with Ed.

My first reaction to your ??? was "he offers no specific information on what he wants"...a few links to sites which appeal to you perhaps?

Ive designed a few sites but am wary of working with people who wouldnt know a good site if it bit them in the a***. Fortunately for me Webdesign is just hobby so I can be selective :) . Try selling your project rather then ranting.

11 Apr 27, 2009 01:34

GigaBob wrote:

Im with Ed.

Why is it my tiny little mind stops reading there and wanders into the gutter? :roll:

Yeah it's much nicer to do this stuff as a hobby. I've considered "turning pro" but ... wow it'd be no fun to *have to* do something yucky ya know? OTOH as long as I have my factory job I wouldn't be obligated to take a client I didn't feel like. hmmm... decisions are hard. Hanging out is much easier :D

12 Apr 27, 2009 15:58

WOW you guys are quick to bash. Yes I am an American...what is wrong with that? The original purpose of this post was to locate a great desiger. I was just amazed how difficult it was to find someone good that knew how to use B2E. I have an entire concept in mind and I am just trying to find someone to help me carry it out because I am not a web designer and really don't have time to do it myself, the site is keeping me super busy!

Tilqicom even agreed with me, if you actually look at the sites listed, the majority don't look that great!

BTW EdB I can't believe you gave me crap for spelling "aesthetic" wrong...don't you ever have typos? Also my site is up and I do have my own traffic so I don't need help with that. I need help making it LOOK the way I want it to.

Also why would I blast my concept on this forum for anyone else to steal? Doesn't make sense to me.

Yes Blonde Bimbo you site looks amazing, that is the kind of clean yet functional site I am looking for. By far the best I saw. You do have the WOW factor kicking. I can't wait to talk to you about it!

I am really not trying to be mean to anyone I am just extremely frustrated with the fact there are so few B2E webdesigners! I have spent two months already trying to find someone!

13 Apr 27, 2009 17:24

EdB wrote:

onmillertime wrote:

You realize you haven't linked your site here, so no one has any idea what the starting point would be right?

I *believe* her site is this:
http://www.swaggrabber.com/

EdB wrote:

You also didn't state WHAT you want other than vague crap about "where you want it to be" (which probably means something that gets traffic and makes you money without any effort on your part)

It could be that she engages in sending massive amounts of email, EdB.

onmillertime wrote:

[...]
BTW EdB I can't believe you gave me crap for spelling "aesthetic" wrong...[...]

Well, I *guess* Sheri ...er, onmillertime, is right EdB. In her business content is irrelevant.

onmillertime wrote:

Also why would I blast my concept on this forum for anyone else to steal? [...]

Indeed ...we are all near sighted and short on ideas --especially those who list ourselves as b2evo professionals.

onmillertime wrote:

I am really not trying to be mean to anyone I am just extremely frustrated with the fact there are so few B2E webdesigners! I have spent two months already trying to find someone!

No offense taken, really; especially since I list my services as Installation, integration, optimization, not customization(s). ;)

Form is loading...