Recent Topics

1 Apr 20, 2009 19:51    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Ok, I followed the upgrade instructions, but when I run the /install, I get the following error:

This is b2evolution version 2.4.6.
You cannot use the application before you finish configuration and installation.
Database schema is not up to date!
You have schema version «9407», but we would need «9700».
Please use the installer to finish your configuration/installation now.
On most installations, the installer will probably be either here or here... (but I can't be sure since I have no config info available! :P)

Couldn't find any information on the forums about migrating my database from 9407 to 9700. Is it possible?

2 Apr 20, 2009 20:05

Just run the installer and select UPGRADE. Don't forget to backup the DB first

3 Apr 20, 2009 20:16

sam2kb wrote:

Just run the installer and select UPGRADE. Don't forget to backup the DB first

This is what I did (tried it some times), but keep getting this message :( I'll restore the old files and try to get the Blog back the way it was. :(

4 Apr 20, 2009 22:52

vladcampos wrote:

This is b2evolution version 2.4.6.
You cannot use the application before you finish configuration and installation.
Database schema is not up to date!
You have schema version «9407», but we would need «9700».
Please use the installer to finish your configuration/installation now.
On most installations, the installer will probably be either here or here... (but I can't be sure since I have no config info available! :P)

I've deleted all the files and started the installation process again. The error above is gone, but now I'm getting this new error message:

Additional information about this error:
MySQL error!
Table 'evo_skins__skin' already exists(Errno=1050)
Your query:
CREATE TABLE evo_skins__skin (
skin_ID int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
skin_name varchar(32) NOT NULL,
skin_type enum('normal','feed') NOT NULL default 'normal',
skin_folder varchar(32) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY skin_ID (skin_ID),
UNIQUE skin_folder( skin_folder ),
KEY skin_name( skin_name )
)

Should I delete this table on the phpMyAdmin?

5 Apr 20, 2009 23:07

Your DB is most likely dead (partly updated). Drop all tables, restore DB from your backup, delete all 2.4.6 and 1.9.3 files, grab a new 2.4.6 zip, upload new files and try the upgrade process again.

Don't upload ANY old files from 1.9.3, you can do it later after you upgrade the DB.

Good luck

6 Apr 21, 2009 00:20

sam2kb wrote:

Your DB is most likely dead (partly updated). Drop all tables, restore DB from your backup, delete all 2.4.6 and 1.9.3 files, grab a new 2.4.6 zip, upload new files and try the upgrade process again.

I'll try it. Thanks!

7 Apr 21, 2009 16:37

sam2kb wrote:

I did this but it didn't work. I kept getting the same errors. So i decide do go back to 1.9.3. Since I had a backup of all files and also the DB it was easy. I deleted 2.4.6 files, dropped all tables and restored the DB and everything worked fine. Now I'm back to 1.9.3.

But I noticed one thing I haven't noticed before at phpmyadmin. There's a message in bottom of the home page that says:

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.45 differs from your MySQL server version 5.0.41. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

Could this be responsible for the strange behavior of my database?

8 Apr 21, 2009 16:41

Look like you had a partial upgrade.

valdcampos, I send you a message, take a look!

9 Apr 21, 2009 16:47

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.45 differs from your MySQL server version 5.0.41. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

Maybe yes, maybe no. It's better to have library version > server than contrary.

In all case, ask your webhosting about this.

Could you try to update from 1.9.3 to 1.10.3 ? It should be easiest.
Before doing the upgrade, switch to the default b2evolution skin. If I remember it's the skin named "custom"

Form is loading...