Recent Topics

1 Apr 26, 2009 05:45    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello People,

Here comes the (possibly) less-smart question of the month, but I just can't figure it out correctly. :roll:

In the Post / Comments section, in the Write area, (when you are about to write a post), after 'link to url' text box, there is a 'Type' select box.

What is the function of 'Page' option, and how could it be possibly used? (an example)
(I have an idea, but I would like to know exactly the functionality of that option).

Thanks in advice, Regards

--
JPE
http://eSlackware.com

2 Apr 26, 2009 05:55

"About Me" would be a post that wouldn't really make sense as a regular post. So you make it be a "Page type" and it gets treated differently. It will not show up in the list of posts, and there is a widget that will let you put a list of Pages in the sidebar or header or whatever.

For example :)

3 Apr 26, 2009 06:00

Thank you very much for your quick response.
I understand the functionality of it know.

PS.
Do you know if there's some option that allow a post to be saved as an html file and not (only) into DB?
My question goes because static pages are preferred from a SEO point of view (AFAIK)

4 Apr 26, 2009 07:08

Nope.

There is a way to make a snapshot of the main entry page, but not each individual post. If you do that then each time you post you'd need to do it again.

Form is loading...