Recent Topics

1 Apr 27, 2009 19:20    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.5

I thought I saw this feature mentioned somewhere, but now I am at a loss. I currently have five blogs, two of which sometimes overlap...and I'd like to be able to just post something once, but have it appear on two separate blogs. Is this possible?

2 Apr 27, 2009 23:19

Yeah there is, but you need two monitors - one right behind the other. You open one blog in the first and another in the second, then type the post ;)

Or maybe there's a better way. Like, by editing one of those file thingies? For example one might open conf/_admin.php and find the bit for $allow_cross_posting = 1; and change it to a 2. I'm pretty sure that's all it takes. It'll make your Categories selector section have ALL the cats from all the blogs in it, with one category in the blog you're actually on be selected as the main cat.

3 Apr 28, 2009 00:17

Thanks. I might try it and see what happens. Or I might just copy and paste since it doesn't happen ALL that often. :)

4 Apr 28, 2009 00:23

For rare uses, make two copies of that file and upload _admin.CROSSPOST.php when you want to cross-post, write your thing in multiple blogs, then upload _admin.NORMAL.php when you're done. That way you only see the full list of cats when you want it, and the post you wanted in multiple actually officially is.

My FTP thingie will let me rename a file and effectively over-write an existing one, so that method works for me.

Form is loading...