Recent Topics

1 May 06, 2009 06:32    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi,
I'm very new at this, so forgive me if this is a simple question:

Some of my posts are supposed to be pages that are not part of the regular blog. I've created these pages by selecting "page" under "type."

But I do not want to show an issue date and category after these posts. How do I hide them (only for these selected posts)?

Thanks!

2 May 06, 2009 06:44

Welcome to the forums.

Without knowing what skin you are using, or having a link, it's a tad difficult however...
in your skin folder look for this code in either index.main.php, post.main.php, page.main.php or single.main.php

Simply comment it out or delete it.
Remember, while you play with those files, always make a backup.
Good luck.

<?php
				$Item->issue_time( array(
						'before'      => /* TRANS: date */ T_('on '),
						'after'       => '',
						'time_format' => 'M j, Y',
					) );
			?>
			<?php
				$Item->categories( array(
						'before'          => ' | '.T_('In '),
						'after'           => ' ',
						'include_main'    => true,
						'include_other'   => true,
						'include_external'=> true,
						'link_categories' => true,
					) );
			?>

3 May 06, 2009 06:59

Thanks for the response! I'm using a template called Green Fields - I believe I got it off another website. I don't remember if that was the exact original name.

I have an index.main.php but I don't have a post.main.php, page.main.php or single.main.php. Do I just create these files and edit the code like you said in page.main.php?

4 May 06, 2009 07:46

Yep, give it a try :)
Remember, keep a backup

5 May 06, 2009 08:10

Success! I deleted that part of the code and it worked. Thanks!

6 Sep 17, 2009 18:22

I used the directions above was able to delete the category after the post. But now I would like to change the wording from "Send feedback" to "Leave a comment". How can I do that? I am using the skin Tsokolate. I can't find the words "Send feedback" in any of the files.
Thanks for any help.

7 Sep 17, 2009 22:41

Look in your /skins/yourskin/ folder *.main.php file for a function that looks very much like the one in http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=93211#93211 and make your 'type' be 'comments' instead of 'feedbacks'.

* because there could be index or pages or posts or single or heck lots of different .main.php files - each doing a different type of page.

8 Sep 18, 2009 15:42

Thanks so much. I'm really learning at lot.

Form is loading...