Recent Topics

1 May 07, 2009 14:59    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I get a BAD REQUEST page when commenting on posts in my blog. The posts actually do go through and appear as a comment in the blog, but the BAD REQUEST page still comes up after every posted comment. How do I fix this?

2 May 07, 2009 15:19

Hi bachma. Welcome to the forums :)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it'll take 3 steps to fix the problem:

1. Post a link to your blog
2. Expect a couple of test comments
3. See what someone has to say here after they comment and can actually see the specifics of your installation and the 'bad request' error

Aw crap it'll be more like a million steps cuz then it'll be "do the fix or maybe resolve some questions" followed by maybe repeat followed by eventually you saying "cool that worked". But anyway it'll probably start with those three steps ;)

4 May 07, 2009 19:45

Well now ain't that strange as all get up! Obviously it posts and I can't see anything obviously funny about anything, but yet it throws up a very generic error page. Not a b2evo page. I shoulda kept it handy but oh well.

So a couple of thoughts in random order: try a different skin just because it will prove one way or the other if it is in your skins/miami_blue folder or not. evopress or custom should be pretty danged reliable ... not that miami_blue shouldn't be.

Also we can jump straight to my favorite sledge hammer for weird stuff: total replacement of files. Imagine if somewhere you have one bonked up file. Might have gotten there when you first downloaded, or unzipped, or uploaded, or just happened on your server. So let's kill it without trying to figure out exactly what the deal is. Get a brand new copy of your version (download link above), and unzip it on your computer. Connect to your server web space (FTP or host-provided tool) and completely delete your existing /htsrv/ and /inc/ folders. Wipe 'em out. Now upload the ones you just downloaded and unzipped.

Finally, let's hope someone smart enough to not just guess comes along :)

5 May 07, 2009 20:33

Thanks for the help, but still no luck. Tried replacing the skin, as well as replacing the htsrv and inc folders, still throwing error page although the comments are being posted.

7 May 08, 2009 15:53

Yes, I receive emails from my blog. Also, here are the lines from the template.funcs.php file, which I have not changed since it looks similar to what was suggested:

// <fp

/* fp>why do we need this?
dh>because Location: redirects are supposed to be absolute.
if( substr($redirect_to, 0, 1) == '/' )
{ // relative URL, prepend current host:
global $ReqHost;

$redirect_to = $ReqHost.$redirect_to;
}
*/

8 May 08, 2009 16:45

It looks similar, but it's commented by default. Uncomment the code.

9 May 08, 2009 17:47

Beautiful! Works like a charm after I uncommented the code. Thanks for all the help. You guys are great.

Form is loading...